February 5, 2012

SMILEBOX FOR VALENTINE'S DANCE and ATDR JANUARY ADOPTIONS

QUOTE OF THE DAY:



"Death is nothing else but going home to God,


the bond of love will be unbroken for all eternity."


~~ Mother Teresa



"My Dearest Tiger,


though I may love again someday,


you will always be in my heart


until we meet again."


~~ Mona








Well it's almost time for the Pawtastic Blogville Valentine Pawty and Dance and there is so much exciting stuffs going on. Buying kisses from some of the most pretty and handsome pups in the world, voting on who will be the King & Qween of the Dance, buying yummers for your sweeties and so much more thanks to our friends at http://walkingbarefootinthesand.blogspot.com/




and let's not forget the raffle for some really Pawsome prizes. Mommy really wants to win the Hand Dyed Scraf. Have you bought your tickets yet? Me and Weenie broke into our piggie bank to buy Mommy five tickets on it. She really, really, really wants to to win it but she wants lots of raffle tickets to be sold for it and everything else cause all the proceeds are going to help build a much needed fence for a wonderful lady.




Just click on the link above the lips to get to PARTY CENTRAAL http://walkingbarefootinthesand.blogspot.com/p/pawty-central.html




As most of you know, my Tiger, was one of the Fearless Five, who gave their lives to save their family. The thought of going to the dance without my love would be to much to bear so I won't be going to the dance. My dear sweet brother, Weenie, says he won't go without me, says he doesn't want me to set a home alone crying. I tried to get him to go but that's just the kind of doggie he is. He wrote to his true loves, Milly & Shelby to explain, and they understood. They are such sweet girls and I can see why he loves them.




Just because I'm not going, doesn't mean that we don't want to be involved in the excitement. Mommy said we could do a SMILEBOX presenation and dedicate it to my love. This picture was taken of my love and me sharing our first REAL-IN-THE FLESH KISS. It was so,so romantic. This is the little dress, I was gonna wear this Valentine's Day just for my Tiger. Mommy says red was Tiger's favorite color, as you can see and mine too.




"Please excuse me dear friends but I'm getting ready to burst into tears so Mommy will tell you about our idea"....sniff, sniff




The Mommy here.....




Dearest friends,




To help my sweet Mona over her grief, I will be doing a SMILEBOX prsentation
of the Valentine's Dance and it will be dedicated to TIGER. Many of you may have seen the Back To School Bash video I did last year. I will be posting it the weekend after Valentine's Day, BUT, I would to like it to very special and I will need your help. Glacier has given me permission to copy any pictures from his blog which I really appricate BUT please send me your own pictures of you and your date so you won't be left out. My plan is to post it to Mona's blog so all of Blogville can see it but first send it via e-mail to whoever has sent their pictures. If your going stag, that's Ok too. Everybody who sends pictures will be included.




So what do you think? Sound like a fun idea. Then you will have your own e-mail to watch whenever you want to watch it.







OK.......I know its late but here are the lucky pups that found their forever homes during January 2012.








































It's me, Mona, back again for one last say. Mommy found this poem by an unknown author the other day and wanted to share it with you. It made her cry but she's crys alot now days. The lose of her dearest Shelby and the other Fearless Five has been very hard to accept. She grieves everyday but not only for the lose of the five, but for Sandra. Mommy talks to Sandra often and sees the family as much as she can but Sandra really does enjoy talking to dog people like all our peeps. She says it helps to speak to real dog people. Some peeps might think it is to soon to intrude on her grief but it's not, it's a pleasure. Please enjoy the poem and it's Ok to shead a tear our two. Mommhy says it cleans the soul to cry.


A Loan From God


God promised at the birth of time, a special friend to give,


His time on earth is short, he said, so love him while he lives.


It may be six or seven years, or twelve or then sixteen,but will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?


A wagging tail and cold wet nose, and silken velvet ears,a heart as big as all outdoors, to love you through the years.



His puppy ways will gladden you, and antics bring a smile,as guardian or friend he will, be loyal all the while.



He'll bring his charms to grace your life, and though his stay be brief,when he's gone the memories, are solace for your grief.


I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return, but lessons only a dog can teach, I want you each to learn.


Whatever love you give to him, returns in triple measure,follow his lead and gain a life, brim full of simple pleasure.


Enjoy each day as it comes, allow your heart to guide,be loyal and steadfast in love, as the dog there by your side.


Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labour vain,nor hate me when I come to call, to take him back again?



I fancy each of us would say, "Dear Lord, thy will be done,for all the joy this day shall bring, the risk of grief we'll run."


"We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may,and for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay.".



"But shall the angels call for him, much sooner than we've planned,we'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand."


{{{huggies}}}........Mona

6 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I think the Valentine SmileBox thingy will be grrrrreat. THANKS Mona.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Such a beautiful poem. Mona, Weenie, and Momma....you are all the best. So glad you're my furends!

Love,
Amber

PeeS...I'll be sending you all the pictures we've sent in for the party. So nice of you to do this again. :o)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

The poem is so beautiful!
The words are so true!
I am happy all those furrys got adopted.
love
tweedles

Ziggy Stardust said...

The poem is beautiful and I can't wait to see the Valentine smilebox. All of those happy doggies have forever homes!!

licks and sniffs Sasha

Scooter said...

Wow, the Smilebox will be such a wonderful recap of our fun event! What a great idea and I've added this to the BCCalendar. I'll be sending some pix to you and I hope you get lots and lots more!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see that all those nice doggies foound furever homes! The poem was sweet.

That smilebox thing will be so cool!

Barklove!
Rusty & Co.