November 3, 2008

WOOF! STOCK 08 & FLOWERS

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"We should all love as our pets do, unconditionally."

Hi dear friends,

I am exhausted but very happy. I had a wonderful time with Snowy but a girl most not kiss and tell, so unless Snowy wants to tell you about our date on Saturday, my lips are sealed. Since I am so tired, I want to go to sleep so I can dream some more about my love Snowy. The Mommy has some stuff she wants to tell you about anyway, so I'm outta here.....Love Mona

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to tell everybody about a special event coming up this Saturday Nov 8th, the annual Woof! Stock. There will be lots of stuff going on (see flyer below) and all doggies are invited, of course the humans have to bye a ticket. DROH is having a booth as will many other breed rescue groups. There is even a costume competition for doggies to win prizes. I will be working in the DROH booth and Mona will be in the costume contest. Her costume will be her Princess outfit or her bikini. What do you think it should be? Our hearts belong to Dachshund Rescue of Houston but it's all about rescue, so we do what we can. This is the major fundraiser for Bay Area Pet Adoptions every year and even more important since Hurricane Ike left so many dogs lost and homeless. If you live in Texas, why not try to come!!






Now for a little invitation. Everybody knows how much I love flowers, they brighten up your day and make you realize the beauty God reveals to us everyday. The hibiscus on the top of this post, is from our bush that Hurricane Ike tried to beat into the ground. The picture below is of flowers growing in front of a house. I saw this bush at a house that was hardly touched during Ike but the house next door was flattened to the ground. I didn't take a picture of it because I felt like I would be invading the owners privacy and grief.


I have seen some beautiful pictures of flowers on DWB but even though I love flowers, I know nothing about them except that I love them. I would like to know the kind of flowers that grow around the world and where, so I would like to do a post about the favorite native flower of some of our DWB friends. If you would like to share, please send a picture to us, what kind of flower and who sent it and from where. Our e-mail address is:
I guess, I'm selfish and just want to see all the beauty God gives us.
The Mommy



17 comments:

Charlie Daniels said...

WoofStock sound great! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Boo Casanova said...

oh mona! how i wish i could go... i love, i mean, my human love going to doggie event.

wet wet licks

Boo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woof! Stokhk sounds almost as fun as your date with Snowy!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Raising Addie said...

WOOF STOCK!!

Mom's headed to see how far a drive it is.

Kisses
Addie

Amber said...

Hey there Mona,I linked your blog hope you don't mind :)
that's an exciting event!! Flowers are very pretty, mommy likes the bright color ones.

~Amber~

Mack said...

Hi Mona & Mommy!
Sorry I haven't been around too much - it's all mom's fault.

Those flowers are indeed beautiful.
-Like you!

Lady Kaos said...

Mom has a great flower to share with you. She took pictures of it right after she planted it so she'll try to find it and then find the little card witht the name on it. She bought one plant last year and is going to go by more once spring comes because it was such a cool flower. Mom also can't wait until we get to take pictures of all the rose bushes at the new house next summer.
Kaos

the Corgi Girls said...

Great idea!

;o)
M & I

Molly the Airedale said...

We wish we lived closer! We would love to attend WoofStock with you, Mona!
Mom needs to go find a flower picture for the Mommy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Ruby and Penny said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. Thunder Bay doesn't have a long enough growing season for really nice flowers. If you ever need pictures of snow, I'm your girl.
Wood Stock sounds like fun.

Love Ruby

Simba and Jazzi said...

Sounds great, I hope you get lots of support.

Simba x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Mona - we are so happy to have you as a new friend! God bless your mommy for supporting rescue in Texas. We wish Woofstock were closer so we could hop in the car and make our chauffers drive us to see you there.
pughugs from Flower Mound!
Howie, Annie and Java

well this sucks said...

Hiya Mona! Sister has learned at school today that the name dachshund originated from German, meaning Badger Dog (Dachs Hund, I believe it was). Hahaha thought it was interesting!

Sharon said...

Hi Mona and the Mommy, too,

Wow, your first date and with such a handsome fellow!

Woof!Stock looks like fun! Does this happen every year? I can't come this year but would like to keep it in mind for next year!

That's a cool idea your mommy had about the flowers! I can't wait to see some. We have the same kind of flowers as you because we just live a hop, a skip and a jump from there!

Barklove,
Rusty

Lindsay said...

Wroo, Mona and the Mommy! I have missed you while The Girl has been mean and kept me from my bloggy furends!

The Girl says we can't go to WoofStock, it's too far away, but she wishes we could! And I just looked at her and said, we have a car, what's the problem? She just sighed and shook her head. I still don't get what the problem is!

The Girl doesn't know much about flowers, but my Nanny does. So we'll have to try to find some to photograph so we can send them to you. It's gotten pretty cold up here, so we might have to just get some images from the internet for now, and find some real ones in the spring!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

i said...

Woofstock is a great idea! Hope you'll get lots of support!

Love the flowers. LS said she'll try to rummage around for some pictures for you.