January 17, 2010

TEXAS WEATHER: AS DIFFERENT AS NIGHT & DAY

QUOTES OF THE DAY:



"When a dog barks at the moon, it's religion; but when he barks at strangers it's patriotism!
-- David Starr Jordan


(courtesy of Happy & LS)


"I'd rather be a DOG and bay at the the moon."
-- William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar



Hi friends,


Me and Mommy just got back from my Judys' a few hours ago and just had to take a nap. It's tiring on old codgers and little dogs having so much fun, ya know! We gots lots of pictures to wade through and Mommy can't miss the Iron Chef tonight, so just posting a couple of pictures for tonight. Mommy's is off tomorrow, so she promised me we cando a post tomorrow with the events of the weekend and maybe visit around some blogs but we gotta get the oil changed in my car and go shopping at Pets Mart first thing tomorrow morning.

But you just gotta see what we put up with in my part of Texas. When we left for Aunt Judy's house Saturday morning it was raining and cold. Mommy wrapped me up in a blanket and carried me to the car. I was shivering so Mommy put my hoodie sweat shirt on for me. Can you tell what it says? Do I look cold? "Hurry up Mommy, we should have been there hours ago!"




This picture was taken of all 5 of us standing at the gate when we got deserted while Mommy, Aunt Judy, Suzanne, Brenda, Paula (all DROH volunteers) and Mike went to lunch. When they came back, they all had Blackberry Cobbler, made by Aunt Judy, and Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream. Did we get any........NO!!!




Saturday is was cold, rainy and nasty all day and we couldn't play outside at all but believe me we made up for it inside the house. Sunday the Mommies deserted us again to go out for breakfast and an early movie "The Lovely Bones"
It was a whole different day. Crisp and sunny!! We played outside....I was taking a breather in this picture. No squirrels to chase and the yard was all dead but we still had the bestest time.

Be back tomorrow with lots of pictures. Love, kisses and {{{huggies}}} to all---
Mona & Mommy too!!



7 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hi Mona. That flower with the butterfly was beautiful and.. I think that was your best ever quote for the day.
Your t-shirt is grrreat. It looks perfect on you.

Kari in Alaska said...

no cobbler for you? thats just not fair!

Unknown said...

You look so adorable in your tank top. I can't believe your cuteness was not brought back lunch. Looking forward to more photos.
Twink!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a pretty flower today! another busy weekend for you and Mommy! Did Mom like the movie - we think our humans are going to see it soon too.

Woos, the OP Pack

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That was a pawesome pikh to start the post!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dexter said...

I am sorry to hear that it is still cold in Texas. That just doesn't seem right.

Slobbers,
mango

Joe Stains said...

The weather here has been downright STUPID. We can't get over it.