December 2, 2009

Squirrel Killer For Hire

QUOTE OF THE DAY
23 days until Christmas
"God make me the person my DOG thinks I am."
-- Anonymous

Hi friends,

At the end of my post yesterday, I said we had a proven squirrel killer for hire. No it is not me! I might try to catch one, as I've been known to do without catching one, but it wasn't me. Does this face look like a squirrel killer to you?


Does this face look like a squirrel killer to you? Somebody where Mommy works said she looks like she should have butterflies landing on her nose. BUT NO.....Brooklyn, AKA Bratlyn did it. Think brains coming out of her mouth and you would be correct. Mommy said she now has squirrel breath and she won't be kissing on her anytime soon.

Aunt Judy said that she was getting everything packed in the car last Wednesday to go to her Mom's in Louisiana for Thanksgiving and when she called the boys they came running & hopped in the car but not Bratlyn. She was nowhere to be found. Finally she saw Bratlyn's tail, going 90 to nothing, behind a bush. She went to get her but when she pulled back the bush, she found Bratlyn with a dead squirrel in her mouth eating its head. Yes, it's head!! Yucky!! She did not want to give up her prize and Aunt Judy had to fight her for it. Who would have ever thought that a little 8 pound dog could catch a squirrel, George maybe but her? I have seen that girl jump, so I believe she did.

So here's the deal. I am acting as her agent and will hire her out at a reasonable charge for anybody that has a rodent problem. Heck, she would probably do it for nothing. OK, since it is the holidays and they say "it is better to give than receive".....she'll just take one raw bone for each squirrel she can catch. Those are her favorite treats. Then you could all see what squirrel tastes like but none for me because the thought of blood & guts is nauseating to Mommy & Aunt Judy....that's cause they are not a dogs like us. If any of the squirrel patrols out there needs recruites, she's you girl.

Announcement....................SJMC Medical Center, where Mommy works, is having a tree decorating contest and so Mommy has decided to post all the trees in the running and let you guys pick which you think will be the winner. However many of you pick the winner will get a small token from us for the holidays. The contest will be judged on Dec 10th at the annual Associate luncheon and talent show. Just take a guess and then send your guess to redricca@sbcglobal.net. Only guesses sent to our e-mail address will be eligible to win. The pictures will be posted tomorrow so that gives you a whole week to guess, with the guesses to be counted at 10 pm CST on Dec 09. Mommy doesn't think the Business Office will win again this year but then you never know. Hope you come by and take a guess & please spread the word since it might take some time to get it posted in the DWB newsroom.

Love, kisses & {{{huggies}}}....Mona



6 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My eldest living Sibeling Kyrye once snagged a dead one on a walk -

Mom khould NOT get her jaws to let it go!

We'll be looking furward to seeing the trees!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

i said...

You're just too sweet to be a squirrel killer, Mona!

Sure will be looking forward to seeing the trees!

Dexter said...

That is my kind of dog for sure. Fresh squirrel, yummy!

Slobbers,
Mango

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

No my dear, I can NOT see YOU as a killer of anything. But I am glad to hear that the world has been relieved of one rodent. Good going to your furend.
As to tasting squirrel... I think it would be nummers... and then to leave some bits around for...later, much later, to do a bit of rolling on. Pure heaven.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

TD is very jealous of Brooklyn's catch. He says he gives all four paws up to her for her skill.

Woos, the OP Pack

Cole said...

I totally believe that Bratlyn could do that! I've seen Doxie hunters (aka my two) in action. ICK!!