January 17, 2009

MATILDA & FLOWERS

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Happiness is a warm Puppy." --- Charles M. Schultz

Hi dear friends,


As most of you who have read my blog f0r very long know, the Mommy had to give my brother, Siskle, up when my Aunt Annie got sick and she could not give him the attention he needed. Siskle was a very high maintenance little boy and tended to pick fights with all of the rest of us when she wasn't around. He was just an little imp in a tiny little body but he wanted to be boss and was very pushy. The Mommy still loves him to this day, as she does all my brothers and we still get to see him at the DROH Spring Fling and Halloweiner Party. Not too long ago, we found a little wirehair dachshund on DWB named Matilda and she looked so much like Siskle that the Mommy cried because she reminds her so much of her little imp. Sometimes, I think maybe I should be a little jealous of Matilda but I'm not. She has made the Mommy smile and laugh so much since we meet her that it makes me happy to see the Mommy happy.


MATILDA

SISKLE

You be the judge, they could pass for brother and sister or better yet husband and wife, right?




Another thing we have learned about Matilda, is that where she lives they have lots and lots of beautiful flowers and as you all know the Mommy's other passion beside doggies is flowers. The Mommy posted a picture the other day of Matilda with a cherry tomato in her mouth. The little imp used to carry around a tomato in his mouth for hours. He & Matilda would have been a match made in heaven. So here's a few flower pictures that the Mommy just loves.
























The Mommy gets real aggravated when people try to tell her that I am not a dachshund because I have wiry hair. These people obviously don't know that there are all kinds of dachshunds in this world....long haired, dapple, piebald, double dapple, and yes wirehair. We come in Standard, Tweenie and Mini sizes and all different colors. We were breed to be hunters but we are all very loving and devoted to our families and they are fiercely devoted to us. Mona....OK Mommy, they got the picture!


The Mommy wants to show you a few pictures of some other wire haired dachshunds that were all rescued by and since been adopted from DROH. {so you see ,we are not flukes}.




ME (before haircut)










SID











AVA













BOLO













Speaking of dachshunds. My choose for STINGS OF FRIENDSHIP "F" is a dapple dachshund.

FRANKIE the Dachshund from Phoenix, Arizona


If you haven't met her yet, please go over and say hello. Isn't she a beauty!! She has very pretty eyes too.


















Gotta go....love, kisses and huggies........Mona

14 comments:

Erin said...

One day I would like to get a wire haired dachshund as well :D
Mona is adorable!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We know Mona is a dachsie! She is one of us.

It's amazing how much Matilda and Siskle look alike. And it sounds like their personalities are alot alike too!

We think Frankie is so cute! We love reading her blog. Thanks for introducing us to her.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom is smiling fur the furst dog she ever had was a dachshund named FRANKIE - he was a blakhk smooth one - and now my auntie di lives in PHOENIX!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Mona and the Mommy...Frankie is very cute. I'll go visit her! And so is matilda!!

Velcro

chelsea + apple said...

Go dapples!!

Matilda and Siskle do look a lot alikes!! maybe separated at births!? hehe

Mona is lucky girl to has mom like you mommy!!

<3 Apple

Molly the Airedale said...

You've got mom smiling from ear to ear with Matilda and all of those lovely flower pictures! Thank you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Kelli said...

Hi Mona!
Matilda looks like a lovely little girl! She is so lucky to live by all those beautiful flowers! I think we had flowers at my house but everything is covered in snow now! I hope they come back with the spring! Frankie is one cute doggie too! I will stop by his blog to say hello!
-Tibby

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Mona
Matilda is a sweetie as are you.
Love Ruby

Alli and Frankie said...

(comment hijacked by Frankie's mommy) -
Thanks for putting Frankie on your page! She's my first dachshund and I am under the spell now. I really want to volunteer w/a dachshund rescue. How did you get in to that? I really want a wirehaired dachshund for our next one but am determined to rescue rather than buy a puppy.

We love Matilda, too. Isn't she so cute? She's always going on lots of adventures!

Thanks again! :) Alli (Frankie's mommy)

well this sucks said...

Matilda's flower pictures are so pretty!!!! I love the cherry blossom-ish one!

Frankie's eyes are really blue and beautiful. Oh gee

Joe Stains said...

hey cool, frankie is from my neck of the woods. Mom said wiry doxies are her faves!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course Mona is a doxie! That is one of the cool things about doxies is that they come in all kinds of different fur and colors not to mention 3 sizes!

Lindsay said...

We love that there are so many diffurent types of Doxies! The Girl really loves the wires, too!

The flower pictures are wonderful! The Girl loves that she can come to your bloggy, even in the depths of our snowy winter, and see such beWROOtiful flowers.

Matilda is a cutey, that's for sure, and she and Siskle are totally twins!

Wroo!

kishiko said...

Mona!
I am sorry I am late! I am very happy you introduced me to everyone. And I also wanted everyone to know about Wire haired Dachshunds. Thank you very much! You are also very adorable, Mona! My mom and I love you!
Matilda