June 27, 2008

Our Little Weekend Trip

QUOTE OF THE DAY:


"Dogs bark at the moon just to keep us guessing"





Hi my dear friends,


Can't visit tonight. The Mommy just got home from work and said I have 30 minutes to pack my bags, cause we are going out of town for the weekend. Just when did she decide this? Not that I mind cause I love visiting folks. So we won't be blogging again until sometime Sunday night.


Here is what's going on. We gonna go spend the night with my little, and I do mean little, cousin Tippy and her human Mommy, the Mommy's cousin Shirley. They gots a trampoline there and if Shirley's human grand daugther is there, I get to bounce on it a little.


Then tomorrow all of us are going to see my Aunt Judy and the boys and all us doggies are gonna play, play, play.....while the humans pick figs. Aunt Judy has a hugh fig tree in her backyard and she called the Mommy today & said to come on over and get lots. The humans are gonna go eat at Valentino's Seafood but of course us doggies don't get to go. My Aunt Judy said she makes a "mean" fig pie and she was gonna make one for us. Then they might make some fig preserves. Has anybody ever heard a fig pie......the Mommy never has but she says she wants to try it so there goes the diet again. Blackberry cobbler last weekend and now fig pie!! What am I gonna do with this woman?


The Mommy says my 30 minutes is up, so we gotta go. I am so excited. I haven't seen Tippy in forever and it seems like forever since I saw the boys.....Mona, ya just saw the boys last weekend, remember.




Me & the Mommy, the last time me saw Tippy. My hair was kinda long then, don't ya think?



TIPPY


Just in case you forgot the boys here they are with Aunt Judy at last years Halloweiner party. She made the tepee!! She is so talented.


COME ON MONA!! Gas was $4.01 a gallon this morning so this might be our last trip for awhile........Mona....come on!!!
by by.....Mona

9 comments:

Peanut said...

Oh have fun Mona.

Lacy said...

w00f's Mona and mommy, u haff fun...watt me hear on news, gas will b 7.00 a gallon by 2009..or it mite haff been 2010, mama furgits a lot too..

b safe,
~rocky~

The Zoo Crew said...

Tippy sure is fancy ;)

Hope you have fun on your trip. We love to take trips!!

Peace + Paws,

Lucy Lu

Simba and Jazzi said...

I'll miss you while you are away. Have a safe and fun trip.

Simba x

Mack said...

Looks like you are in for a lot of fun this weekend!!

PeeS: My dad has freckles like your ma!

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom says she'd had fig preserves but never fig pie! We've heard of figgie pudding! Have a great time Mona! We can't wait to see pictures!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hope you are having a great time with Aunt Jody. And what a cool teepee! Do you think we could both fit inside?
$4.01 for gas is not so bad still. It is $3.90 here today but mom went to CA last week and it was about $4.65!!!
--JB

Anonymous said...

Hello friends,

Mona here....just showing Tippy how to say hello on DWB.

So hello!!!!

Love ya Mona

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hope woo had fun and that The Mommy got her money'$ worth out of the ga$

My mom says figs are GREAT! She treated herself to some fancy candies by John and Kira's in Phlladelphia last fall - they made pumpkin shapes by khoating and dipping figs with some chokholate stuffs -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra