April 7, 2008

MY PRESSIE

Hi friends,

Before the Mommy got sick, she decided that we would add something new to our bloggie. What was it you ask? The Mommy has always had one of those 365 day a year calendars with dachshunds on it & she always gets a kick out of the statements, facts, myths & just plain stuff on it. That was back in October---more than 6 months ago---but the Mommy has a memory like an elephant so we are starting tonight.


"Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in your car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear."
--by Dave Barry

OK...now that that is out of the way...it's a Mommy thing...it's time to get down to the important stuff---ME and my PRESSIE.

I was such a good girl this weekend....a little angel actually.... that the Mommy decided to get me a pressie.


Last night me was just checking out the yard making sure everything was in it's place before it got dark, when the Mommy called me. This is how the conversation went.



Mona "what Mommy...what do ya want...don't ya see I'm busy!!"

The Mommy "I have a pressie for you. It's something cute that you can keep all your treats in instead of all them bags & boxes laying everywhere"

Mona "Where Mommy, where is it...me don't see a nothing."

The Mommy "look on the kitchen counter, next to the onion and garlic basket & the olive oil"
Mona "Mommy, Mommy all me see is a Big Red Bug!! Me scared. That's an awful big bumble bee"


The Mommy "No my little one, it's a ladybug and she won't hurt you...look she's smiling at you."

Mona "Oh, thank his Dogness, ya see Mommy I remembered the bee lecture now
can me have my treat!!!!

MY LADYBUG--WHAT SHOULD I CALL HER


Love ya ... Mona



12 comments:

The Brat Pack said...

That's so cute!!!

Dot-Spot

Lacy said...

woofies and burfs mona, that izzzz soooo cute...me finks me mite tell me mama bout it...

b safe,
rocky, bear and angel lacylulu ;)

i said...

That's so cute! A cute ladybug for a cute dog!

Molly the Airedale said...

How cute she is, Mona! Does she crawl around or talk to you?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Peanut said...

Oh she is so cute. I say you just call her lady.

Mack said...

You could call her Red, or Minnie or how about Buggy?

Simba and Jazzi said...

That is a big bug. She looks like a Lilly to me. I would have love to have stayed with you for the weekend, but Mummy says its too far away. She is always so negative.

Simba xx

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I have always thought that Turbo was an excellent name!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mona!
Your mom got a very nice present for you! that ladybug (catarina) is so cute! And she keeps your treats! Great!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Wooo! Of course you can add me to your links. I'll do the same!

Clover said...

Hi Mona!
Catalina is super cute!! Hope she dispenses lots of treats for you. :)
Love Clover xo

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.