September 16, 2010

DAY TWO OF MY HOLIDAY IN THE COUNTRY AND COW DOGS

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

Life isn't always fair, but it's still good.

Hey there friends,

First of a note from Mommy:

YAHOO!! YIPPEE!!

My favorite won last night on American Got Talent!! Michael Grimm. That young man can sing to me anytime he wants. Such a sweetheart. 100 years ago I would have been knocking at his door. Be quite my heart.
I'm old not dead!!

**********

OK...my turn, finally.

DAY 2.

A little background information for my newer blogging friends. My Mommy is a city girl but has always wanted to live in the country where she, and all the wild and wholly Ricca girls, stayed in the summers with her grandparents, like 100 years ago when she was a child. So that's why Mommy likes going to the country so much. Me too but because I get to have so much fun doing nothing but playing with my bestest friends in the whole wide world. While I'm out playing, the Mommies are sitting on the porch, drinking coffee or tea, watching us and really doing nothing. That is the life Mommy says. It's funny but they never even turned the TV on once in 4 days.

                                                          ANDY...he is the sweetest of them all.

ROXIE.....angel Samantha's lookalike

EMMA...look at those teeth...enough said
MAGGIE...nickname Pooty...very old & had a hard start in life.
JAKE....I'm gonna cry, he looks just like my brother, Jacks.
SAMMY....my ex-boyfriend....I still love him.
Just what would a trip to the country be without cow dogs? We had lots of em, all around us. Aunt Becky's new house is right next to the water tank so all the cows gotta cross the road to get to it. Thank goodness there is a fence all around the house so they can't get to us. When you drive onto the property, hey are right in the road and guess who has the "right of way"? 
The cows wander wherever they want.  The cows like to graze close to the cars and stick there heads in  window if you have it open so ya can't so you can't leave the windows down or stay in the fields outside the fenced in yard for too long and the humans gotta sidestep cow paddies when they get out of the car. No problem for us doggies, it's nice and smelly, humans just don't appreciate the finer things in life!
See the cow under the tree?
View from the front yard.
                                                     My car is on the left of this cow.
                                                       



Now just some chillin pictures.

Inspecting stuffy graveyard.
My stuffy...I guarantee it didn't stay like this by the time we came home. It never had a chance.




The end of Day 2.....                    


Love, kisses & {{{huggies}}} to all....Mona



So let me show you my friends,

                                                  

13 comments:

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Looks like the good times were rolling for all of you. What a lot of things to sniff. Must have kept you very busy.

lotsa licks, Lola

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I am sooooo glad that you are having fun in the country. Keep those pics and stories coming.

Rufus and Indie said...

How can your momma do it without the TV?
Our mom would probably die! TV addicted, you know!
The cows are SO big!

Corbin said...

Oh looks like fun! We have those cow dog things around here too...
-Corbin

K9 Katastrophie said...

Oh Andy is so handsome! You fit right in with the cowdogs, Mona.

Licks,
Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a most wonderful time you had, Mona! Those cows look a little skeery. Were you skeered at all?

It's fun going on vacation, isn't it?

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo have the greatest adventures!

Thanks fur sharing them!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

little princess Luna~ said...

hi mona--be careful out there in that rough terrain--don't wanna get nasty stuff stuck on your little tootsies. :(
nah--i bet you're wearing your boots and prepared. :)

xo,
luna

Sagira said...

Looks like a great adventure Mona.

sprinkles said...

I'm glad you got to have a relaxing few days out in the country. Things have been stressful there, I know, so you and your mom deserve it!

Zona said...

Isn't country life fun?? I'm glad you're having a good time... though it sounds like the stuffy didn't have such fun.

Wags,
Zona

Miss Reina said...

I have not seen a cow in real life and would loveeeee to see one! we don't get alot of these animals here from where we come from!

I would also love to have a big field to run in!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow it looks like so much fun in the country! We haven't really spent any time in the country and our mom hasn't either - but it looks like a great place to go and relax!