August 29, 2013

ATDR JULY ADOPTIONS -- FINALLY

QUOTE OF THE DAY: 

"There's no place like home."
Dorothy Gale


A Dog's Last Will and Testament
(Author unknown)
Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, and give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask....
To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:
My happy home.
My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
The lap which I loved so much.
The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice which spoke my name.
I'd  will to the sad scared shelter dog the place I had in my human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand."  Instead go find an unloved dog; one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to him.
This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind.


It's me again. Before Mommy could finish typing my last post for me she started crying those crocodile tears of hers again, so I didn't get to finish my post. Since the old girl is finally gonna do the July adoptions, I decided to take over again.

What I wanted was to share the above Rescue Pledge. It kinda sums up in a nutshell how all us dogs up here feel. Mommy felt the hurt but it didn't stop her from getting my new sister, a senior like I was.

Sniff ya later........Angel Weenie


During the month of July, ATDR had 19 lucky pups find their forever homes, including 3 seniors and 2 sisters adopted together. It's always a goal of rescue to keep families and bonded pairs together if at all possible. Their was also 1 adopted that survived a savage dog attack. Even though he almost died he still loves dogs.


Also for August we will start including DREAM and DROH's adoptions in our monthly adoption post.

We're all in this mission together.


 
story


♥♥♥♥♥

Jonah's bio...........

Name: Jonah
Rescue ID: D130110
Status: Adopted!
Adoption Fee: $300
Species: Dog
Breed: Dachshund
Learn more about the Dachshund.
Color: Black
Sex: Male (neutered)
Current Age: 1 Year (best estimate)
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor Only
Good with Dogs: Yes
Good with Kids: Yes
Description:
Jonah is a beautiful chocolate brown smooth boy about 10 months old. He came to us from "friends of ATDR" after being treated for a severe dog attack. He is now fully recuperated and vetted and longing for his forever home. He is a playful baby who loves to snuggle and burrow under the covers. We are working on his housebreaking. He loves to play with his foster bros, chew on toys and otherwise explore his world. He is a treasure. Do you have room for Jonah in your heart and home!!!

♥♥♥♥♥
 






































9 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

CONGRATULATIONS to the LUCKY Peeps and PUPS... Everybuddy is a WINNER when there is a n adoption!!!

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

What a big bunch of LUCKY PUPS!

:)

sprinkles said...

So many cute dogs! I'm glad they were all able to find happy homes.

That's so sad about Jonah.

Sketching with Dogs said...

We are so happy to see that so many dogs have found homes!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Matilda the Boxer said...

HOORAY for adoptions!!

Unknown said...

Glad they found their furever homes!
Dina

Two French Bulldogs said...

We are so happy for all the lucky pups
Benny & Lily

Cupcake said...

I love to hear about the adoptions. It always reminds me of the saying,

"Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay. Love isn't love until you give it away"

Giving your love to a dog is the best.

Love, Cupcake

Tweedles -- that's me said...

It makes my heart very happy to see all the forever homes that these doggys have found.
And right now I know that love is growing in their hearts.
love
tweedles