March 29, 2012

A little blind dog's new life & a Poem

QUOTE OF THE DAY:


"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
~~Edmund Burke

"Tears are streaming down my face. If this doesn’t make you cry, nothing will. But it’s a happy ending so don’t think you can’t watch it".

http://www.godvine.com/Blind-Dog-Living-in-a-Trash-Pile-Gets-Rescued-1290.html




Poem from a Foster Dog



There I sat, alone and afraid,


You got a call and came right to my aid.


You bundled me up with blankets and love.


And, when I needed it most, you gave me a hug.


Then you bundled me up with a blanket and kiss.


Along came a new family, they even have kids!


They took me to their home, forever to stay.


At first I thought you sent me away.


Then that second lesson became perfectly clear.


No matter how far, you will always be near.


And so, Foster Mom, you know I've moved on.


I have a new home, with toys and a lawn.


But I'll never forget what I learned that first day.


You never really give your fosters away.


You gave me these thoughts to remember you by.


We may never meet again, and now I know why.


You'll remember I lived with you for a time.


I may not be yours, but you'll always be mine.



(copied from DROH website)


This is why we do what we do. I've had many fosters and failed fostering 3 times, the last being my heart Weenie. Fiona was lucky, she got some of her sight back but had she not, she would still have been loved by another foster or been adopted just like my blind little boy was.




The Mommy


8 comments:

Unknown said...

A very inspiring poems of yours, I enjoy reading it :)

Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

OK.....Tissue Alert!!!

This is beautiful. What a sweet little girl and so lucky. Just like you, we've been foster failures too, almost every single time.

Thanks for starting our day with a smile!

GOOSE said...

That was beautiful. MOM has never been a foster MOM, but I can tell ya she would be a big time failure.
Blessings,
Goose

The Websters said...

Oh my word. You have Mrs. Master crying over here. That's exactly right. We still love all of our fosters. We love them enough to send them to a new family even when we want to keep them so we can keep saving more.

xoxo,

Nora

K9 Katastrophie said...

Hi Mona and Weenie, what a lovely poem! It brought tears to our eyes. We got a few Bluebonnets on our property and we have been seeing lots more while driving. Mommy said she wants to get my picture taken in the them.

Licks,
Ruthie

Cupcake said...

My Mommy cried watching the video. We are so glad the dog is happy and doing well. The people in the video are wonderful! Thanks for showing it to us.

Love, Cupcake

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We watched the video too and you are right- tissues were needed!
Oh my gosh- what a story!
We loved the poem, it brought more tears,
love
tweedles

Lovable Lily said...

What a beautiful, but heart wrenching poem. Mommy's been crying fur like 87 min's now since reading it.

God Bless all the Foster's out there and the wee one's who are blessed to be so loved.

Hugs,
Lily Belle