January 26, 2012

MY ANGEL

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered."

~~Lacie Petitt

Samantha Ann June 15, 1990 -- Jan 26, 2005 My darling Samantha,

Mommy misses you so much. You have been gone 7 years but it seems like only yesterday that I held you in my arms one last time. Where I see you in my dreams is mostly in a field of bluebonnets running and playing, where sometimes all I could see was the tip of your tail. I remember how much you loved chasing butterflies and how you never gave up trying to catch them. I remember how you, me and Uncle Bennie would drive up to Bryan every April and find the same field of bluebonnets and sit under the same tree and have a picnic of cheese and fruit, and did you love strawberries and apples. I remember how we'd stop in Hempstead on the way home and buy you a cup of vanilla ice cream, me a strawberry cone and Uncle Bennie a chocolate cone from the Tastee Freeze. I remember how we'd stop at the Farmer's Market and I'd let you "TALK" to the horses on the other side of the fence and they'd "TALK" back to you. So much I remember but mostly I remember how much I loved you and you loved me.

Now my sweet baby, I see you in that same field running with Shelby while you teach her how to chase butterfies. There is room in my heart for both my girls and for my other girl, Mona too. Someday we will meet again but in until then you both will be ever in my heart.

Love........Mommy

13 comments:

Finn said...

That is so beautiful. I love the images of your memories.

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a nice tribute
Benny & Lily

Maureen said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. We is so fortunate that you shared it wif us. I know she is waiting and one day, many many moons from now, you will hold her in your arms again.

Your friends, HoneyBuzz & Momma

Millie and Walter said...

Such a sweet story. I can just picture Samantha running through those bluebonnets. We all have precious memories and pups we will meet again. I can't wait to meet up with mine either.

Cindy

Lovable Lily said...

Such a beautiful post. We will also remember your loved one today.

Hugs,
Lily Belle

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful tribute. The bluebonnet field is so serene and peaceful!
(((hugs)))) Mommy Sarah!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Lovely Tribute.

Run FAST and FREE Samantha. Enjoy your new furend Shelby.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

The years go by but the memories grow stronger. Beautiful tribute to sweet Samantha.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

sprinkles said...

What a beautiful tribute to your loved one.

pibble said...

What a beautiful girl! Your image of her running in a field of bluebonnets is just perfect.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Mom closed her eyes and said she could almost see her precious Doxies, Ginger, Bart, and Tiffany running through that same meadow.

{sniff sniff}

Raising Addie said...

A beautiful tribute for a gorgeous little girl. BIG hugs to you all!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

roughseasinthemed said...

Thank you for your comment on Pippa's from Mona and Roxie.

One of our dogs went to the bridge in 2005 too, and another in 2006. So hard.

Some days we remember them more than others.Never forgotten though. How can we forget such loving animals?

Pippa -attempting to steal Misery's log in