November 10, 2011

RESCUE ME WEEK -- DAY 4

A RESCUE STORY.....

"Hi," I said. She came over, licked my hand discreetly, allowed herself to be scratched for a time, chased her tail in a dignified circle, lay down again. I remember thinking: "There are times God puts a choice in front of you." I often had such thoughts back then. We took the dog."

Stanley Bing
WEENIE here.....

It's DAY 4 of Rescue Me Week. WOW!! What a turnout it's been. I've been so excited seeing all the doggies needing homes and reading their stories. We pray every night that they all get adopted into good homes, but if not, if only one gets adopted DWB will have played a big part in it and we would all be so proud.

Mommy said this could be my post tonight because this post is about 2 special dogs needing homes that are where I came from, ATDR. When my former owners dumped me at a high kill shelter in Irving, I was getting ready to be PUT TO SLEEP when ATDR came to my rescue. My fomer owner didn't want a dog going blind but Mommy didn't care. I've been with my sister and my Mommy for more than 10 months now. I'm a very lucky boy and hope these two find their forever homes soon.



http://www.atdr.org/
CUPCAKE
Color: Red Sable
Sex: Female (spayed)
Current Age: 3 Years 3 Months (best estimate)
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor Only
Good with Dogs: Yes
Good with Kids: Yes
Cupcake is brand new to rescue! She is a precious longhaired chocolate dapple female with a missing eye! This beautiful girl somehow lost an eye somewhere down the road, it has been surgically removed. She is perfectly happy and doesn't let it slow her down! She is sweet, calm, loving and a BEAUTIFUL chocolate dapple longhaired baby. Please help this deserving girl find the perfect home!
Cupcake is on the spa diet plan for now - she really wants to lose a few pounds before she finds just the right place to live! She is fully vetted and fostered in the Houston area!

CASH

Color: Dilute red
Sex: Male (neutered)
Current Size: 12 Pounds
Current Age: 2 Years 6 Months (best estimate)
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor Only
Good with Dogs: Yes
Cash is a sweet red boy that stumbled into rescue. A friend of ATDR discovered him running through rush hour traffic. She managed to catch him and decided to call him Lucky at first. Cash made it to one of our foster homes and is thriving. Attempts to contact the owners were never successful, they never returned a call! He is approx 2 -3 yers old, healthy and heartworm negative. This love bug wants to snuggle and cuddle as much as you will let him. Cash is an easy going, loving little guy that deserves so much more than he had in the past. Please help him make his dreams come true! Cash is fully vetted, microchipped and being fostered in the Houston Area!


Several months ago ATDR had 130 or so dogs waiting for forever homes. Last month they took in so many puppies, so many Mommy couldn't count, many of which have been adopted. Lots of folks just want puppies but they are so many older dogs needing homes too. I was almost 9 years old when my Mommy adopted me from ATDR and you know how well I turned out.


Please think about adopting a rescue dog, any kind, and help save a like.


Sniff ya later...........Weenie



6 comments:

Road Dog Tales said...

What adorable pups these two are! And we sure hope they find the perfect furever homes that they so much deserve!

The Road Dogs

Dachshund Nola said...

Hope they find their furever homes! They're so cute
Kisses and Tail Wags
Dachshund Nola

Two French Bulldogs said...

Paws crossed they find their forever homes
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Oh yea I hope that Cupcake and Cash both find like the bestest furever homes really soon!

They both look like such nice furiends too!

I gots my paws crossed for both of them.

woos, Tessa

K9 Katastrophie said...

Those poor babies. Thanks for sharing! It is strange how much changes in a few weeks! We are so excited about Frankie's new little brother!

Licks,
Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Cupcake & Cash - I dunno know why your other humans didn't appreciate you and your Most Special qualities. But I just KNOW there are peoples out there especially for you who will luv you and spoil you and tell you every single day how lucky they are to have you!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie