September 21, 2011

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY & WEDNESDAY VIDEO















Subject: LACK OF RAIN IN TEXAS


Just in case anyone doesn't believe the stories about Texas not getting any rain,


take a look at this photo album from the Texas Dept of Parks and Wildlife.


These photos are of Lake Travis, Mansfield Dam,


and the Pedernales River that flows into Lake Travis.


For you non-Texans, this is in the Texas Hill Country,


just west of Austin.


All those boat houses you see that are sitting on the ground are normally


floating in 20 to 50 feet of water.








http://www.flickr.com//photos/texasparkswildlife/sets/72157627429641925/show/








Click to play this Smilebox newsletter
Create your own newsletter - Powered by Smilebox
This free newsletter generated with Smilebox


Please pray for rain!!

11 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We hope you get some good steady rain soon. We heard on the news that Texas needs something like 25 inches to just catch up.

Mona and Weenie, you need to learn to do an Indian raindance.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Maggie Mae and Max said...

OoH how I wish I could send you some of all da rain we have gotten here in da Northeast. I am still doin' my rain zoomies fur you.

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Scooter said...

Wow, what a neat video! Love how that sounds like raindrops splashing. I'm sorry it's so dry and I'll cross my paws for rain to come your way.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

sprinkles said...

Wish I could bottle some up and send it your way but we haven't had any rain in awhile.

Two French Bulldogs said...

hope you get all that wet stuff and not us
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

OMD that is BAD!

I gots my paws crossed for ALL of Texas that they gets just the right amount of rain and over time, not all at once!

woos, Tessa

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I am doing a RAIN DANCE for you!
love
tweedles

pibble said...

I hope things turn around for you soon. You so desperately need that rain!! Paws crossed for some good, drenching stuff!

Sagira said...

Wish we could send some of our Ohio rain to them.

Mack said...

This drought is just terrible isn't it! We just got word that my uncle's house in Bastrop didn't get any fire damage. He was super lucky!

TGIF,
Mack

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

That video of the HUMAN RAIN is just amazing!! I wish it would RAIN fur REAL in Texas.