September 26, 2011

GOODBYE MY LITTLE FRIEND UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN

Our hearts are broken. Today we found out that my dear friend Twix crossed over the bridge. She was a very special girl to me and Mommy. When I was diagnosed with cancer in March, she commented that she was sick too and us dachshunds would just have to stick together. We both got better for a while and now this. I told Mommy not to cry that someday we will all be back together again. It makes me happy that when it's my time to go, Twix will be at the gates to welcome me in.


This is the way, I will remember my little friend.


Twix


June 20, 1999 - Sept 24, 2011


Dearest Twix, you will always be in our hearts, never to be forgotten.


When Samantha crossed the bridge, someone sent Mommy this poem. She thought of it when she heard of Twix's passing. It made her feel hope then as it does now. What a sad place Heaven would be without us.



HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR



My best friend closed his eyes last night, As his head was in my hand. The Doctors said he was in pain, and it was hard for him to stand.
The thoughts that scurried through my head, as I cradled him in my arms, were of his younger, puppy years, and OH......his many charms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge, with an intense "I love you gaze", only a heart thats filled with tears Remembering our joy filled days.
But an Angel just appeared to me, and he said, "You should cry no more, GOD also loves our canine friends, HE's installed a "doggy-door"!

Jan Cooper 1995

14 comments:

Scout and Freyja said...

Oh, sweet Twix, we didn't know she was ill. We will go and leave our respects. Tell your momma that our momma has not forgotten that she has work to do on your bloggy and that she will be doing it, for sure, this week!

Molly the Airedale said...

What a wonderful tribute to Twix. We loved her too, Mona. She will be missed.

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Finn said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Mona. Hoping you can feel us thinking about you all from here!

Fred said...

So sorry for your loss!

Gerli said...

I feel with you - I still think of my Patty every day, and it is so hard to lose one. My thoughts are with you all. There will be many puppies waiting for us when we cross over.

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a nice tribute to Twix
Benny & Lily

Scooter said...

Mona, I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Twix and her crossing. I'm sure she'll be there watching over all of us.
Grr and a Sorrowful Woof,
Sarge, COP

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Twix will always be in our hearts and be remembered as our special furend!

Anonymous said...

You did a pawsome post for Twix. I am real sorry that you lost such a special furiend Mona. But you did such a beautiful tribute to her!

woos, Tessa

Piappies World said...

Hi Mona,

That's a nice tribute post for Twix. She really was a sweet pup and we are sure that she is having a great time over the rainbow bridge, watching over her mom and all of us.

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Mona... this was just WONDERFUL...
TWIX on her CHAIR... SIGH

Alien said...

Lovely tribute!

Yours,

Tweedles -- that's me said...

My heart is sad with yours.
It is sooo hard to say goodbye.
This tribute was beautiful.
The angels are holding little Twix now and she is not hurting anymore.
love
tweedles

Taffy said...

Mona,
That is a beautiful tribute to Twix. You have always been a very special friend of hers and I think Taffy is looking forward to getting to know you better. Thank you for being so special.
Hugs from us to you!