January 23, 2011

SNOW WITH ASTA & AUTUMN -- MOMMY SAYS: AH TO BE YOUNG AGAIN!!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

(courtesy of Asta)





"LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH
& don't forget to Dance (like no body's watching!!)"







(courtesy of Autumn)






Well it's time to start my Snow posts and who better than Asta & Autumn to be the first of my DWB friends. Hope they don't mind but I was so excited to get started because after all it is winter, in some places in Blogville. The only snow in Houston, that I remember was on Dec 10th, 2008 and this was my back yard then. I told my Mommy I liked looking at it, from my chair inside the house with the heater on but not freezing my paws off outside. Like I said yesterday, I'd rather be snuggling under the covers with Twix. So Mommy and I went back to my post on Jan. 4th, 2009 called DWB SNOW DOGGIES (my Doofuss Mommy don't know how to link it) to refresh our minds on who were my snow doggies in 2008. I didn't have that many friends back them so I didn't do the whole Alphabet then but now I have so many wonderful friends that maybe we will this time. If ya want to see that post you'll have to go to the Archives for it. It also has the story of the first time Mommy saw snow in 1959 and what happened to make her miss the whole thing. "Mommy was not too smart then. More like a smartly pants....heehee!!!





Well! It's not that way in Houston today. It has been a glorious day. Mommy went to breakfast ( didn't bring me anything) & the grocery store early this morning and I've been playing outside most of the morning.


I'm been doing what I do best, Mommy calls it snoopervising, I call it patrolling my yard. I heard a noice and ...........



turned to look what the noice was and it was Smokey asking if Mommy had any treats.
"No!! Smokey!! You can't fool me, I saw my Mommy giving you treats this morning!!"





So I went back to minding my own business........see I'm on guard.
Mommy was laughing at me because she said I looked like a pointer with my
paw up pointing to a duck or something. What an imagination the Doofuss gots!



So then Mommy took this very unflattering picture of my butt while she said I was
trying to dig my way way to China. "I was not!! I was hiding one of my treats from Smokey!!"




Well that's all for today from me. I gotta go check out the yard again before it starts raining but Mommy gots a video she wants to share with all the old timers, like her.
The Mommy here......

Like Mona has said, it has been a wonderful sun shiny day. I woke up this morning and let Mona out before daylight and she has been in and out all morning. I has been very cold here for the last 5 or so few days, so yesterday and today have been fantastic. With the weather here in Texas, you never know what your gonna get.
Today I'm making a big pot of Chicken Vegetable and Rice/Noodle soup that I'll be having for dinner and since there are no onions in it, Mona will get a special treat and have some too. Denny's has a new menu offering $2.00, $4.00, $6.00 & $8.00 items. I bought a $2.00 dollar "Cheese burger" flat bread for my lunch. It looks wonderful and while I'm having lunch I'm going to re watch the video below again that Judy sent me last night. All I can say is "Ah to be young again. Was I ever that young? Could I ever dance like that? ENJOY!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYL3j27sSH8




{{{{huggies}}}}......Mona & the Mommy too!!!

9 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Those are grrrrreat snow pics of Asta and Autumn.
I like your hole digging technique. Leave it to a Dachshund!! We KNOW how a hole should be dug.

Two French Bulldogs said...

So cute, oh Autumn you are to much. We do love your cool hat.
Benny & Lily

Zona said...

What cute pictures!!!

Mona, I'm on my way to Texas. Can I stay with you? I'm anxious for some nice weather!! BOL

Wags,
Zona

Lorenza said...

Glad you had a nice and warm weekend!
Butt up... hidding your treat! Good one!
And the chicken veggie thing sounds delicious to me!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Pepsi Bum said...

Yay, I love great weekends!
Hehe, the peekture of you digging wasn't unflattering, but rather cute!

Woofs,
Pepsi

Molly the Airedale said...

Hey, that's our sissy! Have fun visiting Mona, Autumn!
Mom LOVED the video. It made her smile a lot!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Autumn and Jasmine the Maltese said...

Dear sister...
Glad to see you're back so often now =D but I might not be able to be online so often til mid of February cause mommy has went back to her hometown for few weeks. I'll try to log-in whenever I have time to see your post.

Love ya,
Autumn & Jasmine

Asta said...

Mona
I am tewwibully honowed that you put me in youw snow pictoowe Thank you!!!!!
I 'm glad you had a chance to guawd and dig in youw sunshine..and I don't think you have an unflattewing angle anywhewe on you. Mommi loved thatvideo..she loves to dance even though she is a jillion yeaws old and cweaky, and guess what? She had the good fowtoone to know thwee of those hoomans fwom the dance . Fwed Astaiw was hew patient a million yeaws ago when she was a hygienist in Bevewly Hills(anothew life) and Gwegowy Hines came to ouw house fow a pawty when we fiwst moved to NewYawk and She had a long convewsation wif Michael Bawyshnikoff about the best way to make a cewtain hungawian fish soop..hehehe
Isnt' that a blast fwom the past?
smoochie kisses
ASTA

i said...

Hi Mona, great shots of you there...bottom's up ;-) Sounds like you're having a really yummy dinner there.