November 25, 2010

"THE STORY OF ME"

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!




QUOTE OF THE DAY:


Dearest friends,

Mommy says she has so much to be thankful for this year. I am cancer free and she still has a job but she is the most thankful for all of you and your friendship, compassion, caring, prayers and help. Were it not for all of you,  our sweet Shelby would not be here with us today or her 5 beautiful puppies.



I am thankful that I have my Mommy and that she choose me to be her little girl. Here is my story:

Most horror stories start off with the words: It was a cold and stormy night. It really was a very stormy night and very scary to a little pup like me. I was found during a thunderstorm in Houston, dodging traffic in front of Veterans Memorial Cemetery. I was just a pup, maybe 4 to 6 months old, but who really knows. The lady that found me thought I was a big furry drowned rat when she almost hit me that night. Thank God, she was the founder of Dachshund Rescue of Houston!! She knew right away that I was a wire haired dachshund. She took me home with her and stayed up with me all night trying to keep me alive and warm. 

She decided to foster me and I stayed with her and all the other fosters she had for more than a year. Then one day, a very sad lady, named Sarah, found out about DROH, through angel Samantha's vet, who contacted them and told them that Sarah had just lost her 14 1/2 year old red smooth haired dachshund and desperately needed another dog to pull her out of her depression. Sarah didn't really want another dog because she said it hurt to much to lose Samantha and she never wanted to go through that again. But Dr Ainsworth knew better.

So Sarah filled out the application, was approved on the spot and had a home visit in less than a week. Two days later, I was taken to meet her. I wasn't expecting much. I had been passed over 3 times before because nobody wanted a furry wirehair that looked like an old woman because I had salt and pepper hair.

It took one look at her for me to know that this would be my forever Mommy. Guess what? She grabbed me out of Ron's arms and started crying. That was almost 6 years ago and that is what happiness is to me and what I am most thankful for.
Me and Mommy, together forever!!



Of course you all know that the Mommy, as I call her, is crying right now..........so what else is new!


Since I'm not invited to Thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Pam and Uncle Sonny's I've decided to go to New York to have turkey with Miss Asta, cause she says she has lots to share.






 Again Happy Thanksgiving!!
{{{huggies}}}....Mona & the Mommy too! 

PS....my hair wasn't salt & pepper, it was silver and black. It might be a little gray now....hee hee!!

15 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur sharing the great story
AND
Fur sharing your mommy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Pepsi Bum said...

Oh what a sweet story! I'm so glad for you and your Mom!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Woofs,
Pepsi

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Oh, that is a sweet story. I didn't know about how you were found. How very terrifying for anydoggy, let alone a teeny little puppy. I am so glad that you and your mommy found each other. You are a perfect pair together.

Happy Thanksgiving!

lotsa licks, Lola

Molly the Airedale said...

When you're finished with your turkey at Asta's, Mona, you can come to our house for pumpkin pie with a gingersnap cookie crust!
We loved your story and we love you and your mommy!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Maggie and Mitch

K9 Katastrophie said...

Hi Mona! Mommy is crying too! The way you describe how your mommy feels about Samantha is the exact way mommy feels about her first girl, Sophie! Mommy knows what your mommy felt. And she got me to help her heal. She is so thankful for me!

Happy Thanksgiving, Sweetheart!

Licks,
Ruthie

Miss Lizzy said...

Thanks for sharing your story and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

what a story!!
Happee Thanksgiving
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Wowee! What a Most Miraculous story, Mona! You sure are one lucky girl. First, to end up with DROH and then to end up with your mommy. But then, I guess your mommy is lucky, too!

I hopes you had a Most Luvly Thanksgiving!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

i said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mona & Mommy! That's a real touching story to share! We're thankful for you and your mommy too!

3 doxies said...

What a beautiful story Mona! I am so happy dat you found your mommy and I know how hard it was fur her to loose Samantha but, your mommy has soooooooo much love to give and a big heart. You two were meant to be togethers.

Puddles

sprinkles said...

Such a beautiful story, Mona! You and your mama needed each other and found one another at just the right time.

I posted my dogs' adoption stories too yesterday but I forgot Minna's banner. Oh well.

I hope you and your mommy had a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Scout 'n Freyja said...

♥Who wouldn't love a cutie patootie like you!♥

Sagira said...

What a great adoption story.

You were not invited? HMPPFF!

So jealous that you got to go to NY..how cool!

Scooter said...

Hey Mona!
Great story! I'm sooo glad you matched up to such a great Mommy and both of you are happy together. Thanks again for all of your work to sponsor this great event for all of us. We all are enjoying it.
BTW: Love the pix! Was a tail waggin' while pulling that turkey wagon??? BOL
Grr and Woof,
Sarge

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Mona, our Mom started tearing up when she read your story too. God was definitely watching over you that night because he knew that your Mommy would need you!

Waggles & Chi kisses, Chewy & Lilibell