July 17, 2010

SHELBY UPDATE, MOMMY'S OUCHIE & ME

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Strength of purpose achieves the impossible."

Announcement---Coming some---big blog improvements courtesy of
AND
"Shelby's Fund" Pay Pal button is here."

Hi friends,

I know everybody is excited to see new pictures of Shelby and news of her visit to Dr Briles today but first I gotta tell you what happened to my Mommy. She fell yesterday at work and cut her left cheek. When she fell, her face hit the door frame of her boss's door. Of course being that it happened on the job, she was forced to go to Occupational Health, because she was bleeding. Don't worry she is OK but her face don't look too good. Thank goodness, she didn't need any stitches, but her face is swollen and it's black & blue, on one side. Kinda funny really! The worst part was the tetanus shot she hat to take and them cleaning the dried blood off around the cut. One of the guys at work told her that she looked like her husband had whipped up on her, but Mommy ain't got no husband, and I didn't do it. Mommy also had to do a drug test, but to do it you gotta pee. Mommy has never been able to pee on command. After 6 glasses of water and 2 hours she pied. So yesterday she got paid 2 hours just waiting to pee...hehehehe.


THE POWER OF THE PAW.

Sarah here....
The Power of the Paw is working. Shelby looks so much better and has been prancing around like a pup, but has to stay in isolation for another 2 weeks. Dr Briles did another Skin Scraping. Still no evidence of mange but she does have some kind of infection. So she will be on Baytril twice a day for another 2 weeks, get a Mitaban Dip 3 more times, then another scraping when she goes back.
Dr Briles with Shelby

Sandra with Shelby
Shelby has gone from 44 pounds to 46.5 in two weeks. She eats like a horse and loves to chase Sandra around the back yard. Two weeks ago she could barely move. She is NOT pregnant. Dr Brills doesn't want to give her any steroids because of the heart worms or start any treatments or do any operating until we find out what kind of infection she has and clears it up.
Dr Briles said her heart sounded good. What is left of her eye, looks like a cherry eye now.

Shelby seems to like riding in the car.
Shelby, almost asleep, sitting up in the back seat.



Sandra has been very concerned about Shelby's almost non stop scratching. It hurts to watch her trying to scratch an itch she can't reach. I know the feeling. So Dr Briles gave her some medicine that he thinks will stop the scratching. It's called Hydroxyzine and she will be taking it 3 times a day.
She still has some raw spots on her butt and several across her back.

She is so sweet and it just amazes me that she still trusts people, after all she has been through. Today's Vet bill was $174.42 and that was only for the medication and skin scraping. Dr Briles didn't charge us for an office visit or exam. A year ago, when the doctors at Aldine Animal Hospital wanted to sell it, to concentrate on their practice in the Woodlands, I didn't know what I'd do but, thank God, Dr Briles bought the practice. I miss the other doctors but I am quite happy I stayed with him.
Mona here....
My turn now! Mommy took these 2 pictures, when I got home after getting my summer haircut. Mommy just had to post this picture because she loves my eyes, but then she is a little prejudice.

Notice my pretty pink bows in this picture.

"Did you call me, Mommy?"
"Yes, I did, since you were such a good girl today. I have something special for you."

"What is it Mommy?.........



Oh, my dogness. A T-Bone!! Just for me?"


Actually this is what my bone looked like after I ate all the meat off it.

Yummylicious!!


Here is my fish, Mr Google Eyes. I like him a lot and I chew on him a lot but I haven't torn his eyeballs out or destuffed he yet. Wonder if I'm losing my touch?

These pictures were taken when Mommy got home yesterday. Notice one of my bows is gone?



Last night, when it was time form bed, Mommy had the flashy beast with her and took some belly shots.





Notice, I still have one bow on.
"OK Mommy, that's enough pictures. Can we go to bed now?"
It is 11:02 pm now. Mommy started this post this afternoon but had to stop to watch her shows on the Animal Planet. Last Chance Highway and the Pitt Boss. They are both about rescue and you know how Mommy feels about that.
OH, I almost forgot. Sandra is coming over with Tiger and Lucky tomorrow. I can't wait to see my man. So I better go to bed now, so I'll be ready for a little loving when my Tiger gets here.
Love, kisses and {{{huggies}}} to all....Mona
PS....I woke up this morning and my bow was gone.

32 comments:

Scout and Freyja said...

Mona, you certainly are a girlie-girl, aren't you - with just a teeny, tiny bit of Tom-boy mixed in for good measure. We are so happy that Shelby is feeling better. The next time you talk to her foster momma please tell her that our momma sends many hugs and kisses all the way from up here in Michigan.

PeeEss: How do you like your bloggy so far?

Scout and Freyja said...

PeeEss again: Mona, tell your momma that our momma doesn't have one of those husband things, either☺ but our momma says that is just fine with her!

Molly the Airedale said...

Your blog looks awesome, Mona! Scout and Freyja's mom did a fabulous job!
And Shelby is looking better and better everytime we see her.
We just love the bows in your furs! You are such a cutie, Mona!
We hope your mommy feels better soon.

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Pippen said...

Mona,

Love the new look! Very girlie!

Hope your mom is doing okay... we're sure you are taking good care of her!

Thanks for the update on Shelby!

Sam and Pippen

Mack said...

What a pretty new bloggy!
And I just know you are giving your momma tons of healing sugars. What a terrible fall she had!
Thank you for the pupdate on Shelby!

Sugars,
Mack

Zona said...

Love the new look, Mona! It suits you! Maybe they used your missing hair bows for the bows on the bloggie???

THANK YOU for setting up the PayPal. My mom is so forgetful that she has Shelby's check and your address in two different places so it hasn't made it into the mail all week! She's so dumb. But I'm popping over to PayPal NOW!

Wags,
Zona

Zona said...

PeeS: Make sure you give mommy an extra snuggle from me. Mommies love snuggles to help them feel better!

The Daily Pip said...

Thanks for the update on Shelby. She really looks great!

Your pal, Pip

AFSS said...

We love your eyes too Mona.

So glad to hear the positive news about Shelby. WE will continue purring for her.

Enjoy your visit with your guy.

Sorry your Mom got a boo-boo on her face. Sending healing purrs that it heals up soon.

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

I don't blame your Mommy for wanting to take those pictures. You look so pretty and so does your blog. The new look is great and totally suits you, too.

I'm glad Shelby is doing so much better. Now you have to get your Mommy better, too. We see you have your PayPal button up. We'll bark about it in our next post and hopefully others will do it, too.

lotsa licks, Lola

3 doxies said...

Oh I just loves da new look of da bloggie, so fitting fur a princess likes you.
Dat bes such wonderful news bout Shelby. Is been thinking bouts her all da time. Her looks like hers getting stronger and stronger. Hey, II'm o dat same medicine too fur my allergies.
I absolutely ADORE dat pikture of you Mona. Very Beautiful!!!

Please tell Sandra we are thinking bouts her and how much we miss hers and da Pittie Pack.

Puddles

♥I am Holly♥ said...

We love thte new look of your blog page! Scout and Freyja's mom sure is very good at doing them! We're sorry about your mom falling and hopes she feels better. Falling is dangerous. We are glad Shelby is doing better too! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Sagira said...

Sorry to hear about your moms fall. Did she trip on something? Hope her face will heal up okay and not hurt anymore.

Great to hear that Shelby is improving each day. Hope they can get her itchy under control.

You're still as beautiful as ever Mona especially with your pink bows in. :)

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mona!
Your post is full of news!
I hope your Mommy gets better soon!
I love your blog's new look! It is beautiful!
I am happy to see Shelby. I know she will be fully recovered soon!
And the mystery of the dissapearing bows!
Happy Sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, your poor mom!That sounds so painful. And to have to take a drug test because she fell? Ugh! Hope she is okay.

So glad to hear Shelby is doing better.

Sorry you lost your bow, Mona.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I am so very much sorry your mom fell and hurt herself! OUCH! I hopes she's feeling way better today!

Secondly, I luvs the look of your bloggie! It's so pretty and girlie looking!

Thirdly, YIPPEE for Shelby. Oh, you can tell how much better she feels and how much happier she is now. My heart just swelled up with the happiness looking at her smile!

And lastly - I luved looking at all those pictures of you after your haircut. I don't think they could put bows in my furs but they sure did look pretty in yours!

Wiggles & Wags
Mayzie

the booker man said...

miss mona,
i love the new bloggie look! :)
okie dokie, now please give your mama like 50 gazillion gooey nose kisses cuz i am so sorry she fell and got an ouchie on her face. :( i hope she feels better super fast, and at least she didn't have to get any of those icky stitchies. they are no funsies at all.
next like, thanks for setting up a paypal account for miss shelby! i'm happy she had a pretty good visit at the vet! i hope those meddies will get her skin ouchies all healed up. she is such a sweet lady!
*woof*
the booker man

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Furst let me say that Scout and Freyja are two of the GOOD EGGS.
Grrreat news about Shelby. things are looking soooo much better.
And speaking of lookin goooood. You and your pink bows... match your Blog today. Your summer cut loooks so cool.
Cant wait for pics of your REAL bow... TIGER.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a great post fur pups!

The new layout is pawesome...
Woo look great...
Shelby is looking inkhredible...

OF KHOURSE, ouchers on your mommy's graceful work stuff!

We are glad she's not hurt BUT please take good khare of her fur us!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Tucker said...

I'm sorry your Momma fell at work, but it's good to hear she's doing ok. It's also great to hear the Shelby is improving and that she isn't expecting.

woof - Tucker

Anonymous said...

I saw Shelby on another blog so I wanted to stop in and say I'm thinking about her. This really breaks my heart! I want to help but have to talk to my husband first. Is anyone doing anything to find out where she came from? If her teeth were shaved down she was used for fighting and she had puppies so clearly they are going to be used for fighting... So I was just wondering?

Kari in Alaska said...

Oh Mona, don't worry we still come here to read bout you (not just Shelby)

Don't forget, we are changing our blog this Friday. Please update your reader to follow dogisgodinreverse.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mama falling. Hope she heals up fast.

Poor Shelby. Hope she feels and heals up fast!

You are just too beautiful after your summer grooming :)

I know I've been MIA. Im back in Norway and getting my life in order :)

Mack said...

Mona!
Mom almost forgot the Dog Show was this Saturday - can you believe it?
Dad has to work, but mom will be there and with her camera this time!

Sugars,
Mack

Sandra said...

First of all Mona you are looking gorgeous as ever. Love the bows. Second we would like to say how happy we are for Shelby. So glad she is doing better and getting closer to being all right health wise. She deserves the best which is exactly what she is getting from all the great people around her.

Piappies World said...

Hello there Mona,

Thanks so much for sharing the story of Shelby. We really pray that she'll be better and that she can build many new and happy memories now that she is in good hands.

We love you new haircut and you are so pretty with the pink bows on your hair.

And we also noticed the new look of your blog. Truly pawesome!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai & Wai-Max

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yikes, we missed this about your Mommy - we sure hope she is OK.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Mona! We are so glad to hear about Shelby doing better! We are super excited about the donate link but it is making us sign up for a paypal account to donate - can your mom email us so we can send a check (our mom had a big fight with paypal about a month ago and cancelled her accounts because they automatically link your card to an account even if you don't want to).

And Mona we are so sorry about your mom's fall - we are sending her purrs to feel better soon!

But oh your haircut - we thought you were gorgeous before the cut, but oh you are stunning now - and we agree that the picture your mom loves is great - you do have beautiful eyes!!

Deborah said...

Hope your Mom feels better real soon! I'm glad Shelby is feeling better.

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

We hope your Mommy is feeling better soon! We Love your new haircut and the new look of your blog!
Your Friends
geisha,grover,lily,wrinkles and bailey.

Theresa said...

I am your newest follower. I wish Shelby the best!
adamsadventures-ourlifeunedited.blogspot.com

Asta said...

Mona
I'm wowwied about you and the Mommy and about the Pittie pack too
I haven't heawd anything fwom you fow ages . I pway that all of you awe well
smoochie kisses
ASTA