December 4, 2009

WOW!!! SNOW IN HOUSTON

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
21 day until Christmas
"They never talk about themselves, but listen to you while you talk about yourself and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation."
-- Jerome K Jerome

My backyard angel.
Hi friends,
Oh my God!! It snowed today in Houston!! It was unheard of.....snow here in our part of Texas.
The weather man said this is the first time in history, Houston anyway, that it has snowed here this early, and it's not even winter yet. Last Christmas eve it snowed but didn't stick. The last time it snowed and stuck in Houston, was when Mommy was a shy young thing, in 1972, and she went to Michigan to visit her sister and it snowed 3 times while Mommy was gone and never snowed once while she was there....go figure.
Mommy has got a terrible cough and running nose, so she was glad when they closed the office at noon because of bad weather. She didn't want to go out and play in the snow but she took bunches of pictures to prove it really did snow and she wasn't just dreaming it. I went outside while Mommy was taking pictures and came right back inside. I do not like it. My paws got all wet and was way to cold for me.
The snow is gone now but it was very pretty and Mommy & I watched it snowing for a few hours, while Mommy took the cure "using the heating pad" and then we woke up and the snow was all gone.. I guess we sleep more than watched the snow. So now we are off to bed, but here are a few pictures of the unheard of.........snow in Houston.
On the right side of my house in the backyard.
The house across the street with Nickolas waving.
My car in the driveway.
My front yard
Mommy's hibiscus bush.

The bush next to the patio.
The bush in front of the house next door, it had fruit on it.
The view from the inside of the car when Mommy pulled into the driveway. It's snowing and Mommy didn't want to get out.
Home, sweet, Home.
We are supposed to be having a dachsie play date tomorrow but I don't know now cause it's supposed to be very icy tomorrow.
Love, kisses and {{{huggies}}} to all........Mona



Ooops........forgot these were down here.
That's not snow on my tail, it's the tip of my tail.































9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khan that please be MY snow?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Pei In The Life said...

Did you try eating the snow? Eating the snow is fun! So is romping around in it. Yeah, after a while it gets cold, but it's FUN!

Bolo

Dexter said...

Oh yes, please stay home. The roads will be most hazardous as they do not have the proper equipment in Texas for the snow clearing up and road sanding.

That is very odd for you to have snow, huh.

Slobbers,
Mango

Mack said...

We didn't get any snow! Well a lot of it fell in these HUGE snowflakes, but none of it stuck. Mom did get to go home at noon and that was great!

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Hi Mona!! We are SO glad to have you as a friend! We are now following your blog too!!! We woke up to snow here this morning!!

Woofs and Kisses!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

My mom told me about it from the news. Only 33 snows in your city ever. I was worried about you when she told me....... Wow are you lucky. We call what you got... a dusting. Ice is a very much BAD THING. You stay home, OK???
I know just what you mean about it making your feet cold and wet. We Dachshunds are quite particular about such things.
Love the white tippy of your tail.

Alli and Frankie said...

Oh my goodness - BRRRRRRR! I don't like snow at all! You're right, it's waaaay too cold!

Hope it warms up soon! :) Frankie Mae

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mona!
Snow!! That is too cold for me!... and for my mom too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Peanut said...

We got that snow last night. We think it might be because He double hockey sticks is freezing over or something. :)