June 8, 2009

COUNTRY DAY TRIP PART 2


QUOTE OF THE DAY:
(Poppy picture courtesy of the Poupoundettes)
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" ---Immanuel Kant

Hi dear friends,

I'm back with a final installment of our day trip to the country on Saturday. There are two things near & dear to the Mommy's heart besides dachshunds......food & flowers. The Mommies decided they would do something simple for lunch so everybody made something and that way they would have more time to set in the rockers on the front porch or on the deck chairs in the back. Funny thing is .... nobody drank coffee. Remember Mommy told you about the yummy corn beef spread. Well she made some -- it's the pink looking one below. Aunt Mary made a spinach/artichoke dip with the Dip Master Mommy bought her for Christmas. Mommy insisted in me showing a picture of that dip, so you could see that they didn't totally forget us dachsies. Notice the bag of chicken poppers next to the dip? They was using them to bribe us to do things. Aunt Judy made a yummylicious sour cream blackberry pie and they made sandwiches. Very quick and tasty too, or so they said because, of course, we didn't get any.
























Then there were the roses.










My Aunt Judy took some pictures too.
My fella Sammy




Bandit....can you make put the entwined hearts on his shoulder?




And of course Mommy's favorite boy doggie.......George. Mommy loves him almost as much as she does me. I love him too, not like I do my Sammy, but like she does my brother Toby. Everything about him, his looks (except his little brown nose) and his mannerisms are Tobys'. That's why whenever we visit Aunt Judy he runs and gives Mommy tons of kisses and she pretends it's her Toby.






....Mommy loves this picture of him....




Then there is Harley. I think he likes my Mommy.




Mikey, when he first saw the cow. Pretty ferocious huh?











For the fishermen or ladies, that love to fish. Here are a few shots of the tank with some catfish. There are also some perch and bass in it too.




































Yesterday while Mommy was loading all the videos, she thought I needed something to keep me "out of her hair", so look what she gave me. The bone off of the steak she had for lunch with lots of meat still on it.


It was delicious and I couldn't help but lick my chops.




We have one more video that was kinda cute from the trip. Poor Bandit was hiking his leg inside the house and most of the Mommy caught him in the act and hollered Bandit NO!!! He got scared and ran to his Mommy. Bandit gets his feelings hurt very easily.
The other video is of me roaching. I haven't lost the touch, even if my hair is all gone.





Love, kisses and {{{huggies}}}....Mona

7 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Tank woo fur sharing more of your weekend fun!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Simba and Jazzi said...

You have such busy weekends!

Simba and Jazzi xx

Rufus and Indie said...

What can we say? We just love your posts! Great photos!
Lots of kisses
Rufus and Indie

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun. Love hearding and seeing all the great pics!

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom's favorite flower is the poppy!
You always have the best fun, Mona!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Mona & Mommy...

Looks like you had a great time...

I loved the video of you roaching...You are an expert!!!

Abby xxxooo

Joe Stains said...

omdog look at that fierce dog ;) The food looks delicious, I am glad you guys got some treats too but boy would that dip have been good too!!