July 5, 2008

SUNFLOWERS FOR AUNT ANNIE


QUOTE OF THE DAY:


"I used to look at my dog, Smoky, and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look at me like he was saying. If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." --- Fred Jungclaus




Hi my dear friends,


Once my Aunt Annie told the Mommy that she loved sunflowers, ever since she was a little girl, when she & her brothers would run and play hide and seek in a big sunflower field behind the farmhouse where she grew up. Her brothers, the Mommy's Daddy, Joe, and the Mommy's Godfather, Benny, are now gone. My human Grandpa died 24 years ago and my human uncle died 16 years ago. So the Mommy said she would do a post about sunflowers, that she know Aunt Annie would like.

I wonder if her sunflower field looked like this field?

























































A little bit of good news. The Mommy came home just a little while ago and said they moved my Aunt Annie to a room this afternoon. That is a good sign, RIGHT? She still isn't out of the woods yet but it is a start. She might have stomach cancer.
The Mommy came home early to get some rest tonight and she said we could catchup on some blog reading for tonight. My Aunt Rosemary is staying with her tonight and tomorrow she is gonna take me to the hospital to see Aunt Annie. Well, I can't actually go inside the hospital, but her room has a big window and her bed is right by the window so the Mommy said she'll call Rosemary when we get in the parking lot & we could stand outside the window & wave. She's on the 2nd floor & I might need a latter for Aunt Annie to see me but we gots a latter.
Then my Aunt Rosie, short for Rosemary, well come down stairs to stay with me while the Mommy takes a laptop, my honorary Uncle Neil lent it to us, up to show Aunt Annie her sunflowers on my post.....PRETTY COOL!!!! Always thinking the Mommy and I want to see for myself that my Auntie is better. The Mommy isn't such a Doofuss all the time.
Thanks everybody for all the prayers for my Auntie & keep it up please.
Today the Mommy smiled for the first time since Thursday afternoon.
LOVE Mona & the Mommy too!!
PS....thank you my darling Simba for making the Mommy smile when she saw your smiling face in your post this morning. I think that smile brought the family good luck.....hugs & kisses just for you...Mona
















































7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Aunt Annie is going to smile again when she sees all of those beautiful sunflowers! They sure are pretty! We're sending her lots of AireZen!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Mona- your Aunt Annie will LOVE the sunflowers when she sees them on the laptop! Your mom is very nice t put up so many!! I hope your Aunt is better! I think getting a new room is a very good sign!! I'll keep my paws crossed!!

Velcro

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mona!
Glad to hear your Auntie Annie is doing well. Paws crossed!
She is going to be happy with all the sunflowers you post for her!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Chef said...

Flowers mend the body and mind, my mommy says. And she's a florist so she knows. I think those sunflowers are going to cheer up your Aunt Annie and get well again. Sending prayers for her recovery, and best wishes to your mommy who is so thoughtful.

xox
Chef

Kess And Her Mama said...

Happy to hear that Aunt Annie is well enough to be put in a room. Will pray for her today.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

This is great news about your aunt! If she is being moved to a room she must be getting better! My mom loves sunflowers too.
I liked the pictures you posted about us cats. And enjoyed your post. You must be an honorary kitty cat! Oh, and keep working on the mommy to try to get you one of your own, ok?
Happy sunday!
--JB

Hana said...

My Mom loves sunflowers. They are so bright and beautiful and smile at the smile!