May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's day & Jody's visit Saturday

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -- Emmanuel Kant

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!


Happy, Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies of all my friends and to all of their Mommy's human Mommies too. I wish I could have sent flowers to all my doggie & kitty cat friend's Mommies but since I couldn't we sent pictures of them instead.......











AND THIS CAKE THAT SAYS IT ALL!!!



For this Mother's Day, the hospital where the Mommy works decided to have a special Flower Fest on Friday to benefit the AMERICAN DIABETES FOUNDATION, where their associates could buy flowers for their Mothers and still support a good cause. Since the Mommy's ex beau owns a flowers shop, he supplied all the flowers (both real & artificial), the vases & the plants for us to sell which he donated in honor of the mother he never knew--but that's a whole other story. He also took custom made orders like the one below for people that wanted something special that he delivered on Friday as well. This one was the Mommy's favorite until she saw what Jeong gave her that he said was from ME.





The best part for us was that all the proceeds were going to the ADF, and since we were only charging $12 to $20 for the ready made stuff, our fellow co-workers got some really nice flowers and still had money left over for something extra --like maybe taking their Mommies out to dinner on Mother's Day. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
















































And this arrangement was Joeng's gave the Mommy!! Isn't it beautiful!! The Mommy loves Oriental flowers and you can really see his Korean touch in it. The flowers on the top of this post are close ups of what was in it. Everything is real but the roses were sculpted to look like that.

************************************************************************

Now for what should have been yesterday's post "Jody's Visit" but stupid old Blogger video wasn't acting right & took all of a whole 12 hours to load. Since Jody & I had such as wonderful and fun day with a lot of roaching going on -- today you get 2 posts in one. This is what yesterday's post was gonna say..........Jody was worth the wait!! It was almost as much fun as having my brothers here for Mother's Day. The Mommy needed this visit even more than I did and she is starting to cry so here it would have been.


*************************************************************************

Last night the Mommy told me that Chris & Tina were taking her to lunch today to a new Indian restaurant that serves lamb and The Mommy really loves lamb. I was so excited because I love lamb bones but then she said I was not invited. HOW RUDE!! But then when they got here, I forgot all about the Lamb. THEY BROUGHT JODY WITH THEM!!!! to visit with me...yes that's right to visit with ME!! I'll take Jody any day over a bone (did I just saw that).
They wouldn't let him out of his traveling cage until they came back from eating because he has to be supervised to make sure he doesn't try to jump. Being the good hostess, that I am, I sat outside of his cage & we talked & told stories about our mean old Mommies until they got back.

As soon as they got back & let him out of his cage, I ran outside, turned around & told him to come on because we had some serious playing to do. After I told him were all the best leg hiking stops were---I remember where my brothers used to mark--he checked them all out in about 10 different places, talked to Spike a little, barked at the neighbors and chased a few squirrels and then we did some big time roaching. It was almost like having my brother Jacks home again because we always roached together in the grass.

We played for a long time and then the Mommy called him & he went trotting over to her. He gets around real good for just having surgery 6 weeks ago.


Since I wasn't the star attraction today, I went over to Chris & had some good back rubbing while the Mommy was holding Jody.


Of course, The Mommy, being the Mommy had to examine Jody from top to bottom to make sure he was all in one piece, like she does all the babies she touches. She is so wired & silly sometimes but I put up with her because after all she is the Mommy.



All of his stitches have dissolved and when he went for his second visit post surgery to the doctor Wednesday, the surgeon said he is doing great. He still has to stay in his crate during the day for the next 2 weeks and he can only come out when Chris & Tina are at home. There are 3 other dogs at home but he can only go outside to do his business with Mr Grins because Mr Grins is old & slow.


After some more playing, it got really HOT, so we went inside. The tile floor felt so cool on our little paws. Then guess what Jody went & did!! He went into the kitchen where my big bed, where our old broken dishwasher used to be, & drug out all my bones. How cheeky was that!!

When it was time for them to go home & being the gracious hostess I am, I let Jody have one of my bones for the road. He grabbed one & trotted to his cage, put it in & then backed right back out. HaHaHeeHee---he didn't want to go home!!! Chris had to force him into the cage



















When it was time for then to go, I went out to the car with them and told Jody not to cry, that I'd be seeing him soon.GUESS WHAT? YIPPIE!!! YAHOO!!! Tina & Chris are taking Emily to go diamond mining in Arkansas in June & Jody is going to come stay with me for 3 or 4 days!!!

One last thing before we go. I was going to teach Jody how to roaching but believe me the boy can roach.


love.....Mona & Jody too!!

7 comments:

Sugar the Beagle said...

Hi Mona & Mommy ,

It was very nice of your Mommy's ex beau to supply all the flowers, vases & plants to raise funds for the American Diabetes Foundation, Hope the donation drive is well received.

I see that you really had fun playing with Jody. How lucky you are to have he and June to stay over for a couple of days.

If only I've got such a nice paw friend ...

Sugar

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mona!
Happy Mother's Day!
Sure you had a great day with your Mommy!
Give her lots of kisses and hugs from us, ok?
You and Jody sure know how to roach!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

i said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mommy, Mona! The flowers are beautiful! And for such a good cause too!

You and Jody sure had loads of fun there!

Asta Marie said...

Mona, what beautiful flowers and what a nice visit you had with Jody....were you two roachin' or rollin' in some really good smells? Just wondered cause we do that all the time...roll in somethin' really disgusting....but it smells sooooo goood.....Happy Mother's Day to the Mommy....

Asta Marie, WFT

Amber-Mae said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mommies Mona!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Molly the Airedale said...

What beautiful flowers! Our favorite bunch was the ones with the M&M's but you could guess that, right?!
What a cutie Jody is! Good job teaching him to roach, Mona!
Happy mother's day to your mommy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Franny said...

Happy Mother's Day to the Mommy!

Those flowers look so pretty! I wish I could smell them all. I'm glad Jody is going to stay with you in June. You'll have so much fun together!

Love,
Franny