October 8, 2007

ANGELS AMONG US


HI FRIENDS,


This is The Mommy and I am taking over tonight. I want to share a story about "ANGELS AMONG US"

Thursday, I received a call from a friend saying that she and her partner had found a Dachshund puppy and a Lab puppy in the end of a dirt road in Porter. They took the little dachsie to a Vet in Porter to make sure he was OK because he looked so sickly. Well he isn't OK....he has hookworms, is heart worm positive, is anemic and you can feel every bone in his little body...he has no meat on his bones that I can tell. They called because they were afraid if they took him to a shelter, they would put him down because of all his problems and since I was with DROH, they knew I would never let that happen. I told them that if DROH wouldn't take him, I would. Of course DROH agreed to take him in. My friend said the Vet they went to said it would cost at least $800.00 for the complete heart worm treatment. Since it is so close to the end of the year DROH funds are very tight but that wouldn't matter, we would have come up with the 350.00 to treat him at one of our Vets. The Halloweiner Party on Oct 28 is one of our 2 big fundraisers of the year so we could have handled it but donations are always welcome.

Yesterday I picked him up from my friends in Porter so I could take him to our Vet this afternoon. He is very weak but has the sweetest personality for what he must have gone through in his short life. We aren't sure but we think he came from a puppy mill in Porter because the State is trying to close them down and there has been lots of dogs turning up dumped like the puppies were.

They were very happy when I told them that DROH would take him but said they would still pay for the heart worm treatment and told them a donation of 350.00 to treat him would be much appreciated. As we were leaving they gave he a check & when i looked at it is was for $800.00. I was shocked but they said they would have paid that much.

You can't tell me there are not angels among us. With 800.00 we can treat 2 dogs with heart worms and even have JODY neutered. Can you imagine 2 ladies doing that for a stray dog. GOOD BLESS THEM AND KEEP THEM CLOSE TO HIS HEART.

Rescue is so important I just had to share this story..........Sarah, The Mommy

Ps.....I named the little one Jody, he is reddish brown with big brown soft eyes and when he is ready to come home I will foster him until he gets adopted. BTW the Lab puppy was ok & has already found a forever home.





10 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Sarah
Thanks for sharing this great story! Sure there are Angels Among Us!! I am so happy for Jody! He will have the life he deserves!
Thanks again
Lorenza and mom

Ricky Pepper said...

What a wonderful story! I bet your mommy will go softie on Jody and adopt! My mommy never thought we'd have 5! Now we added Teddy, and mommy is beginning to wonder if he was dropped on his head as a puppy. He is such a sweet boy but man, he's not-so-bright!

xoxo,
Ricky

Simba and Jazzi said...

I believe in angels.

Simba xx

Kien said...

Oh Mommy.. i know there are many angels out there.. helping us ..

Hercules had heartworm too.. and the cost of the treatment are not any cheap here.. it will cost around 800 too.. but mommy not giving up.. she will do whatever she can to cure him..

Cheers
Rossi

Frasier said...

Hi
God provides all our needs!In such a wonderful way.
That was such a heart warming story

Clover said...

That is a great story! Thanks for sharing it and giving us a warm fuzzy to start our work-week.
I hope little Jody is doing better!
Love Clover xo

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh what a great story to share. It made my mom get all teary. There are nice people out there after all.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. My treats were yummy. I'm working on getting an extension on my puppy license. Harroo rooo.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Asta said...

Thank you fow shawing that stowy..you'we wight..thewe awe angels all awound..it sounds like you'we one too..I hope the little Jody will get well adn stwong..
love and smoochie kisses
Asta

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We know all about angels ... and so do you since you live with one! We think both your mommy and our mom are angels along with anyone who gets involved in rescue. Thanks for sharing that wonderful story.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Angels? Definitely. We think if you look into the eyes of any animal, you will see an angel reflected there watching over them. Now some dogs like Scruffy...you might need an opthamoscope...actually Scruffy's angel is bigger than most..he has to have wide shoulders to absorb most of the Scruff's mischief!

We loved your story.
Lacie