October 17, 2013

GRACIE LYNN -- MY BESTIE

Sept 12, 2005  -  Oct 17, 2013

 

 Dear friends,

Today we lost a dear fur friend. My Bestie Gracie Lynn 

joined my brother Weenie at the bridge very 

unexpectedly. Mommy spoke to Mindy this evening

and she will be doing a post tomorrow about what

happened.  Our hearts are broken but we are happy

in knowing that she is with all our friends at the

bridge and someday we will all be together again.

This is the way I will remember my bestie. Not with a

cast on her leg but with a smile that would light up the sky.

When I look toward the skies and I see a bright  star, it

will be my bestie, Gracie Lynn, standing right next to my

Weenie.

RIP my bestest friend

We love you.........Mona



 The Mommy here.......

Words can not express how we feel right now.

Please keep Mindy, CJ and all the pugs and purrs in your 

thoughts and prayers. Mindy sent me a few of her favorite

pictures of Gracie Lynn and I have chosen a few of mine and

Mona's to go along with a poem I would like to share.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


 

A Loan From God

 

God promised at the birth of time,
A special friend to give,
His time on earth is short, he said,
So love him while he lives.

 




It may be six or seven years,
Or twelve or then sixteen,
But will you, till I call him back,
Take care of him for me?

 

 A wagging tail and cold wet nose,
And silken velvet ears,
A heart as big as all outdoors,
To love you through the years.

 






 His puppy ways will gladden you,
And antics bring a smile,
As guardian or friend he will,
Be loyal all the while.

 


 He'll bring his charms to grace your life,
And though his stay be brief,
When he's gone the memories,
Are solace for your grief.

 






 I cannot promise he will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But lessons only a dog can teach,
I want you each to learn.

 

 Whatever love you give to him,
Returns in triple measure,
Follow his lead and gain a life,
Brim full of simple pleasure.

 





 Enjoy each day as it comes,
Allow your heart to guide,
Be loyal and steadfast in love,
As the dog there by your side.

 

 Now will you give him all your love,
Nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call,
To take him back again?

 





 I fancy each of us would say,
"Dear Lord, thy will be done,
For all the joy this dog shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run.

 

 We'll shelter him with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known,
Forever grateful stay.

 





 "But shall the angels call for him,
Much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
And try to understand."

 

Author Unknown

 

 

 God Bless......Sarah




 

8 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

We have just left our message with Mindy. What a terrible thing to happen, we can't believe it.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Gracie Lynn's family. You are right her little smile lit up a room. So terribly sad.
Lynne x

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

We will never forget our sweet furiend, Gracie Lynn. RIP

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH how I remember when we all SIGNED Gracie's Cast. That is a TREASURED memory. We will truly MISS our Gracie butt know that she is RUNNING free and FAST and waiting to greet us.

We are STUNNED and we HURT butt we will all get through this TOGETHER.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with Gracie Lynns family.
We are also so sad, and tears keep falling.
Gracie was so loved- by all.. and she had the best home ever,, but now the angels have her at the bridge-- and Gracie Lynn is getting her wings.
This is a very beautiful tribute.
love
tweedles

Idaho PugRanch said...

What a beautiful, beautiful tribute for the beautiful little soul that was Gracie Lynn. We are keeping the Slimmers close in our hearts
love
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

stellaroselong said...

We are so very sad about the loss of little Gracie Lynn. Your words, poem and pictures were most beautiful!!!
stella rose

Ruby said...

OMD, that was just beautifuls!!!
Ma's eyes are all wet, and she is so sorry for the loss of such a great furiend. Her peeps will just loves this lovely lovely tribute you have made for her....
{{{hugs}}}}
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

PoochesForPeace said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Best friends are the best kind of friend to have. I'm happy she was in your life while she was here on earth. I feel like deaths happen in 3's, and this is the third pooch to cross the rainbow bridge that I've seen in bloggerland. My Spuds, and then Pip, and now Gracie Lynn. I hope this is all that we hear of for now, as to let our hearts heal for a while. Thoughts with you <3