June 27, 2010

MAKING NEW FRIENDS

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

(courtesy of Mango the Maltese)





"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you wen you have forgotten the words."

~~Donna Roberts



Hi dearest friends,



What a fantastic weekend it has been, I got to spend it at Aunt Judy's with my long time friends, Taz and I made some new friends too.



Taz's family lives in La Marque which is just down the road from League City. So rather than them come over to the other side of the world where I live, Aunt Judy said for Taz to be dropped off her house, since we was going over there for the weekend anyway. Wow!! How cool was that, an extra half day with my friends.



So Friday night, Taz got dropped off. Jennifer, from All Texas Dachshund Rescue, had come over to get a harness for her new foster, Snickers, and her own dachsie, Sammy came too. So right off the bat Taz made two friends. I had already meet Sammy but not Snickers.



Nothing much happened Friday night, just Taz getting used to being around 7 dogs. It was good practice cause there was a lot more dogs then that the next day.



Well Aunt Judy thought some of our friends from DROH & ATDR might like to met Taz so she called a bunch of them and we ended having a mini doggie play date, and an excuse form them ladies to go eat. So besides me, Taz, Brooklyn, Aunt Judy's boys and Mandy Jo, I met and made a bunch of new friends. Mommy's says "You can never have too many friends."





Before, I show off my new friends, here is a picture of some of the ladies that came over. Of course, what would a post be without flowers. Most are from Aunt Judy's yard and some were taken at the Kemah Boardwalk. The ladies deserted us and went to Landry's on the Boardwalk for lunch so they could watch boats. You gotta wait for another day for pictures from there, cause my doggie friends are more important than any old luncheon date. It wasn't as if they planned on bringng us anything back. "Am I right?"



I decided that you guys already have seen plenty of pictures of my regular friends, so except for the group shots at the end of this post it's just my new friends. "It's so exciting meeting and making new friends."




Parker...
with her Mom Brenda....



and yes Parker is a girl.

Barnaby....


is Becky's foster....
and is available for adoption through DROH.


Snickers and Sammy.........






Snickers, in the harness is available for adoption through ATDR.



Taz.....
does not like to share stuffies, if there is a squeaker in it.....
he destroyed Baby Pinkie Poo today...bad boy...and then gave me her carcass.

Miranda....remember she was the little girl that they thought had uterine cancer but it was an ectopic pregnancy.......

is still available through ATDR.

Roxie.......
is 5 months old.....
that's her Mom's hand, the Dooffus cuts off heads you know.




The rest of these pictures as just some random shots Mommy took of us doing what we do best.

Begging for treats from Aunt Judy inside..






Begging for treats from Brenda outside.






How many of my friends did you count in this post?

Hope you liked meeting my new friends, and of course seeing my regular friends too!!

{{{huggies}}}...Mona

21 comments:

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

What a great post. I always love seeing photos of you and of your friends - new or regular. You're a lucky girl to have so many friends to play with.

wags, Lola

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Love, love the Post! Great Pictures. The More Friends the Better the Party. Looks like everyone had fun.

A MilShelb Mom said...

Wow! So many 4-leggeds! We are impressed. You have so many friends.
~Milly and Shelby

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Mona,

I just luvs seeing you so happy with all of your furiends! It looks like you had a great day!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hey if you put that stuffie carcass out in the sun fur about a week it might start smellin'... Interesting!!! I'm just sayin'.

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Great post! What wonderful photos of you and all of your friends!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Pippen said...

Looks like you had a great weekend with all your friends... good thing you have a week to recover!

Sam and Pippen

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

How fun to have so many new furiends, Mona. Mom is rather taken with that cute little Parker.

Have a great week.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

the booker man said...

neato, miss mona! what a grrreat play time with old and new friendz! i love love love the picture with all the doggies surrounding aunt judy for cookies. teehee!
*woof*
the booker man

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mona!
I loved all the pictures!
Sure it was a pawesome reunion with all your friends!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh that looks like you all had a super duper fun time. How nice to have that many doxies around. Jealous!!!!

Flash, Alven and Dottie

Unknown said...

Mona, What a fun play date! My moms just LOVES seeing all the doxins playing together...all shapes, sizes and colors. They is all beautiful!

MinnaK

PeeS....hop on over to my bloggie..we just collected a donation of greenpapers for DROH!

Anonymous said...

You just have the cutest furends, Mona! I most especially luved the pictures of everybuddy begging for treats! Did you gets any?

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Raising Addie said...

Is Doxie heaven!!

Wish we lived closer so we could play with all those Doxies!

Lots of luv & kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

Sagira said...

Your friends sure are cute. :)

3 doxies said...

Oh Mona, they is nuttin more beeutiful than a house full of doxies. Just kinda gives ya goosebumps.
Mum is in loooooooove withs Barnaby. Her says 3 doxies at our house is nuff though, actually Mr. Dad says that.
Hey, peoples gets confused bout my gender too so I can sympathize withs Parker...hehehehe.
Puddles

Mack said...

I would love to make new friends, but my mom is afraid I might be "ugly". I can't believe her sometimes!

Sugars,
Mack

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

This is a fun post!
My mom loves to gathering with her friends on her day off too. Is Parker a Maltese? She looks very happy mingling with you Dachshunds.
Oh I recognize the smiling flower, so cute so positive attitude!
Cheers!

Kari in Alaska said...

aren't new friends great?

Pat Wahler said...

How fun to get together with pals!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Dearest sweet girl, I had a ball on your blog today. I was catching up feasting my eyes on photos of pink elephants and a dozen new furiends... So glad to see happiness and health restored.
Mwah
Twinkie