March 30, 2010

OTHER PAWS IN THE PARK DOGS -- DID I MISS ANY DOGGIE?

QUOTE OF THE DAY:


"Animals are such agreeable friends,
they ask no questions,
they pass no criticisms."
-- George Eliot


I just feel like dancing! Mommy came home with some excellent news today!! She was gonna be off Good Friday but she's gonna be off Monday too!!! I could just dance my paws off. Mmmm.....maybe I can get my Tiger to come dance with me. Mommy is still wiped out from Saturday but I'm not. I'm ready to party!!!





OMD.....there were so many different dogs at Paws in the Park, and a lot of them reminded me of my DWB friends, not just the dachshunds. Mommy took pictures of every breed of dog that was there, mostly just visiting with their humans. Some of the breeds Mommy had never before. The only breed, we didn't see was the Mastiff, but who could ever compare to our dear Mango?

There were lots of vendors and other rescue groups there like for Pugs, Great Danes, Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, Boxers, too many to remember. Here are a few pictures of 2 of the rescue groups and some of the vendors. Mommy took these few pictures before the event started and after that she was so busy taking picture of dogs that she didn't walk around much.





The sponsor of the event was Petco. They did a fantastic job. They even had a fashion show, where they had fashions for the dog models to strut their stuff in. George and I went as Romeo and Juliet. Don't worry Tiger wasn't jealous, I asked him if it was OK first, after all it was only make believe.

The Houston Cronicle took pictures of me in ghe kissing booth and said it would be in the paper but we don't take the paper so we don't know if it ever did.



So now let me show some of the dogs that were there. It's funny how you can know somebody or work with somebody for years and don't really know anything about them. Great Dane Rescue was there and Mommy saw a lady that she has worked with at the hospital in forever. Well guess what? She started Great Dane Rescue years ago. This beauty is Adrian and he is available for adoption. He was one of the many dogs Mommy had to play with and he even kissed her. If you know anything about my Mommy, you know that she loves all dogs, big or little.
Then Mommy saw a bunch of pugs running around and playing in a big pin. Mommy went over and asked if they had any connections with Dallas/Fort Worth Pug Rescue and they said yes. Remember Mommy has asked for donations to help them care for Boca and some of their other dogs, in the past. Look closely at the little black pug. He had a cast on his leg because he hurt his foot but the was running around with the best of them. He is available for adoption but Mommy doesn't remember his name.




Mommy had to love on the little dog in the above and below pictures.





This little guy looked like he was flying.


This dog stole Mommy's heart. He actually came and tried to climb in her lap, of course he got a bunch of kisses from the Mommy.






A Huskee Boy lookalike. He got kisses too.









The biggest dog there a Wolfhound that was 4 months old. Now that's a big pup!









I wish all them doggies that looked like all of you could have been you. We could have hadx so much fun. The only disapointing thing of the day was that my dear friend Mack couldn't come because his Mommy had to work. Tiger was as ecxited as me that Mack might come. Oh well, we'll just have to setup a playdate soon.

The final total money raised for the 2 day event was $529.00 in sales and $97.00 in kisses but I can't take credit for all of them because I did have Ducky, Daffy, Elliott, Webster and Jethro to help out and it wouldn't be fair to do that.

I learned one more thing. If Mommy had charged all them doggies she kissed on, we would be RICH!!!

Love, kisses and {{{huggies}}} to all........Mona

13 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What GREAT pups!

Thanks fur sharing those pikhs! Of khourse, several khaught my eyes!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Life With Dogs said...

Yes she would be rich!
It looks like you know how to find fun. How will you fill that four day weekend? :)

Snowy and Crystal said...

what a bunch of fun pictures ^_^

wet licks

S&C

Dexter said...

Great assortment of pups. All for a good cause too.

Slobbers,
Mango

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oh boy four days with mom.
I thought your mom was already RICH, I mean... she has YOU doesn't she??? What else could she ever want????
PeeS... I was wondering if you could tell me how much the baseball hats that your group sells cost??? I am wanting a couple of PLAIN colored ones and can't find any.
You can email me at
frankiefurter(at)wildblue(dot)NET

Unknown said...

What fun!! thanks for sharing and hooray for four days off with the babies, is there anything better?
big pug hugs to you and those cute little weenies from Texas!
xoxoxoxxo

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a lot of beautiful pups!!! MOm loved that little weimaraner too. Thanks for sharing all your fun and we hope you and Mommy enjoy your long weekend together.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year you should set up a mommy kissing booth! I luved looking at all those different doggies. That wolfhound was only 4 months old? Ohmidogness!

Have fun with your mommy over the looong weekend. Most sadly, mine has to work.

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Unknown said...

Maybe your mommy can get her own kissing booth BOL Whaat? It's for a good cause :)
Thanks for sharing all those photos. I hope you have a lovely looong weekend.
Twinkie

Anonymous said...

hey mona wow there were lots of doggies oh my!! (still no puggle!!HEHE) anyways Im posting pics of me in flowers sorta...a flower bush in my latest blog if you wanna come steal it...hehe

wags and licks
keiko

Kari in Alaska said...

extra days with Mom? Sounds perfect!

Sagira said...

Wow, that looks like a really nice event. And OH MY...the Weimaraner puppy is TOO cute. Is that puppy with a rescue group?

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Thats alot of doggies! We liked the black poodle...she was so pretty!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo